Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Video is in the next line-The Day us Cougars knew Keenum was special
To those who thinks there is a big difference to teams who play in the cartel known as the BCS and then us lowly leftovers. Well the top 3 or 4 teams in the AAC can compete with any teams in the cartel. In the last several years us Cougars have beaten Florida St. Louisville and Oklahoma when they were ranked #2. Back to the topic, I was reading a post where the OP was making a qualifier about "not saying these stats are against Alabama" are something to that effect. Now again I know people's perceptions and this is not about that. It just triggered a memory I had forgotten about and luckily on Coogfans Case's aunt was asking us to help her in writing a piece about the comebacks Case had at UH. Just a little background about her. When Case was playing for us she was at every game and became friends with a lot of us at our tailgating. So let the show begin.  
He was only a freshmen put in the game against Alabama in the 3rd quarter with about 5:00 left.
You can fast forward to around the 15:24 mark. Now I know some will come on and point out some of the negative plays and say "see he's doing the same things still". I will tell you some people will always have blinders on and not see the whole picture. Like being a freshman playing Alabama in their backyard. Resilient even after a bad play. Getting the team in position to be able to win with no time on the clock. We didn't win but you could see something special about him but not only him the guys around him. Enjoy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBnpF21Sj5M&index=243&list=WL
Here's the comeback down 27. It starts approximately with 5:00 min. left again in the 3rd quarter. He's a Junior now. Something i would like to point out is the last TD. I know it has been mentioned he throws a lot of floaters. But do you not understand when the ball is coming down the only way the defender can get to it is by going thru the receiver to be able to intercept or if he tries to go around the receiver to intercept he is going to be out of position and the receiver has to do is jump up to catch it. How many times have we seen this this year where the receiver jumps up and catch's the ball. Then I read people's post about jump balls and complaining. Anyway what you saw Sunday was no surprise for us Coog's. When the lights get brighter the microscope starts zooming in that's When you can expect the magic to begin with Case Keenum. Now just to keep everything even I'm not saying every time it will come out positive but if the game is on the line in the 4th quarter you can bet more times than not Keenum will get it done. These are only 2 examples but there has been more. Enjoy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4PyOGLshr4&t=15s&list=PLhSTQKJtzJXh605VVq_9xUY4zi5fukDKK&index=1

Sorry about that. I copied it and didn't check to see if the links were good. My bad.

Here's the La. Tech comeback.

&index=1&list=PLhSTQKJtzJXh605VVq_9xUY4zi5fukDKK

Here's the Alabama Game where he is a RedShirt Freshman.