Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is anybody going to Philly?
I usually see a thread for this most weeks. Nobody? As many seats as we can steal would help...

I myself would be there but there's a good chance I'd land back in CA Monday and be unemployed if I did so... this is a shallow, selfish rally to anybody who can spare the money and time. 

was looking into it but have since pulled back. it was going to be in excess of $1k to go and seats in the nose bleeds were $650+

Yes - we arrive on Saturday, and will start filing video and written reports (and twitter) starting at 1pm central time om Sunday.  Press is usually allowed in 3 hours before kickoff.  Last week it was 4.  This week, it is 5.  You'd be surprised how fast that goes.  We are opened to meeting anyone who goes!

I looked into tickets yesterday, and like AGR,  I quickly said screw that.   top row corner endzone were the cheapest I found and they were $500 before fees and shit.  The prices on the better seats will start to fall the closer the game gets but I am not booking a flight on maybes.   if I am going to go into the sewers for a Vikings game... I am going to at least have a good seat an at these prices its out of my price range with 2 kids in college and a wedding to pay for.  they will just have to feel my support from the prairie. 

A couple of friends are going. I wish I was going to be there. In Vegas at the moment and I'd planned to come home early if there was a home game. But trying to coordinate getting to Philly, including the cost, is too much. I'm going to place a couple of Vikings bets while I'm here though just to commemorate the moment.

Saving my money for my flight to Mpls Feb 4. But I do plan to watch the game at the Denver Vikings bar. Cap City Tavern for anyone who lives nearby and wants to watch in a purple nuthouse. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I looked into tickets yesterday, and like AGR,  I quickly said screw that.   top row corner endzone were the cheapest I found and they were $500 before fees and shit.  The prices on the better seats will start to fall the closer the game gets but I am not booking a flight on maybes.   if I am going to go into the sewers for a Vikings game... I am going to at least have a good seat an at these prices its out of my price range with 2 kids in college and a wedding to pay for.  they will just have to feel my support from the prairie. 
$500 standing room only. If a group of Eagles fans stomped my ass into the ground where I stood, would anybody there even notice?

Quote: @BlackMagic7 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
$500 standing room only. If a group of Eagles fans stomped my ass into the ground where I stood, would anybody there even notice?
I found some this morning on TM ticketexchange for like 480 that were actual seats,  still upper deck corner endzone,  like 21 rows up.   but yeah... its an expensive seat with the possibility of getting SKOL stomped just for being a Vikings fan.

Thanks to my son and DIL. I will be going. It was tough and just airfare was going to be tough ($1500 each) but just as I decided to stay home my DIL text me and told me that she had purchased lower level seats behind the Viking bench.
How could I say no to that!!
I know there are many of you who deserve to be there before me and i wish we could all attend together.
I won't be wearing purple, at least not visibly but i know we will bring it home.
Brian has always stated that all of the Viking fans deserve a SB victory and he wanted to be a part in giving it to you all.
Wish me luck that i don't get the crap beat out of me or end up in jail. Because i will be yelling for us all and all of you.
I have faith that will be the first team to host their own SB and will be the first to win it too.
Many may remember when i wrote the post on why we would win you all a SB before Brian leaves.  I still truly believe it. It's still very much up in the air as to what he will do if, no when they win it but i hope he plays a few more years......in purple!!

Make some noise, POPS.

I'm still, and probably until the clock hits 0:00, so weary of buying in completely. I already broke one of my rules by buying more Vikings gear, but I want redemption for walking out of the bar before witnessing Sunday's miracle. Although as I've explained, I truly don't think I was supposed to be there.