Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That throw was a thing of beauty.
I have watched the play about 40 times and the thing I keep seeing is what a great throw Case made.  I am a Teddy guy and love Bridgewater, and frankly my attitude toward Case has been a hopeful, "wait and see."  But that throw to Diggs was no fluke or hail Millie.  That was a throw to a spot aimed at Diggs.  He threw it high so Diggs could catch it and there would be no chance of an interception.  He threw in to the sidelines because the play was designed to get into field goal range.  Plus he threw it to the open guy who was farthest down the field.  

How many times have you seen a QB pick the nearest of the three recievers for the easier throw?  Case threw that ball beautifully to a spot designed to go to the furthest receiver, Diggs that would give us the most yards for a closer field goal.  Instead Diggs makes the catch and play of his career because of the great throw Case made.

Keenum's arm is slightly underrated on this board. Its no cannon, but it isn't cooked spaghetti, either.

His arm isn't the greatest ... He puts a lot of air under the ball.  

But it lands accurately where it is supposed to ... At the right moment.

I have to admit that is about the best throw he's made all season in terms of velocity.  It was, imo maybe to high as if Williams hadn't missed the tackle I have my doubts that Diggs would have been able to get out of bounds,  but just getting it there with zip was a nice surprise and suggests that he may have more arm than he's shown this year, or maybe he was on an adrenalin rush,  either way it was a pretty nice throw by Case.

Quote: @PSBLAKE said:
I have watched the play about 40 times and the thing I keep seeing is what a great throw Case made.  I am a Teddy guy and love Bridgewater, and frankly my attitude toward Case has been a hopeful, "wait and see."  But that throw to Diggs was no fluke or hail Millie.  That was a throw to a spot aimed at Diggs.  He threw it high so Diggs could catch it and there would be no chance of an interception.  He threw in to the sidelines because the play was designed to get into field goal range.  Plus he threw it to the open guy who was farthest down the field.  

How many times have you seen a QB pick the nearest of the three recievers for the easier throw?  Case threw that ball beautifully to a spot designed to go to the furthest receiver, Diggs that would give us the most yards for a closer field goal.  Instead Diggs makes the catch and play of his career because of the great throw Case made.

You put my exact feelings into words, PS. I am a huge Teddy homer like you and I have had that same attitude all season towards Case. I guess he really won me over on Sunday. Now I'm wrestling with who should be our starter next season and beyond. I think, for the moment, I'm just going to stay in the present because this ride has been too wonderful to ever expect again.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Keenum's arm is slightly underrated on this board. Its no cannon, but it isn't cooked spaghetti, either.

If he just wasn't so damn short! Big Grin
[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

If Brady or Brees or Rodgers had thrown that pass there would have been a lot more said about how good of a pass it was.  Instead most are talking about the catch or how it was a miracle.  This was a well executed play with an almost perfect throw.  Honestly the miracle part was Williams falling down and knocking out Crowley.

If Brady or Brees or Rodgers had thrown that pass there would have been a lot more said about how good of a pass it was.  Instead most are talking about the catch or how it was a miracle.  This was a well executed play with an almost perfect throw.  Honestly the miracle part was Williams falling down and knocking out Crowley.
Well the catch and ability stay on his feet and in bounds was pretty special as well.

Love everything about that play.  The call, the advice from Shurmur, the blocking, the step up and launch it with plenty of air, the high point catch and freeking amazing ability to land and use his hand to stay upright. 

Yup.  Case was just lucky.  If it was Brady, Erin or Rapelesberger, it would have been described as "brilliant" and a "well placed dagger or laser". Wink
This kid set the NCAA record for passing yards, completions and TD's and is routinely dismissed as some kind of Danny Wuerffel wanna-be. 

After taking a sack.