Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panthers Looking For Square Pegs In Round Holes
Norv Turner - C - Free AgentNFL.com's Ian Rapoport confirms the Panthers will interview Norv Turner for their offensive coordinator vacancy.

The Charlotte Observer reported the Panthers' likely interest in Turner just hours after Mike Shula's firing. Rapsheet's report calls him a "top choice." Turner has long been a sound offensive mind but it is debatable if he would be different enough from Shula to give the Panthers' attack the jolt it needs.Related: Panthers
A massive step backwards...

Good luck with that. 

How good is your offensive line? How good is your defensive line? Both of those always equate to how effective your coordinators are. 

With so many bright young minds out there, why tf go with Turner at this point?  Then I remind myself about their ownership. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
How good is your offensive line? How good is your defensive line? Both of those always equate to how effective your coordinators are. 
Matt Kalil. Paired with Turner, this would instantly vault to the top of my favorite offense.  B)

Rumor picking up steam. His son Scott supposedly quit as assistant at Michigan to rejoin father in Carolina. Getting the band back together...

That seems like a really odd move.

Turner’s brother Ron &. his nephew are already on the Panther’s staff, making it 4 fucking Turners, no word if Tina will also be brought in... 

Quote: @Kentis said:
Turner’s brother Ron &. his nephew are already on the Panther’s staff, making it 4 fucking Turners, no word if Tina will also be brought in... 
So if they are all fired, would it be a turner turnover?  turnerover?