Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump got a warm reception last night at CFB Champ Game
Anyone surprised? Not surprised? The audience was Georgia and Alabama fans, so a southern demographic which is favorable to Trump's core supporters. 

not surprised 

also not surprised to see social media saying he was booed thoroughly. 

You don’t have to respect the man to respect the position

Quote: @Skodin said:
It's precisely because I respect the position that I revile the man. 

Quote: W@MaroonBells said:
@Skodin said:
That's how many of us  felt with the last one.  Of course,  to many, that then made us racists.  But that is the past.

I wish this parade of who can nominate the worst candidate would end and somebody really great would get the job,  but truly great people can't be bought and are likely to smart to want the position.

I still think getting rid of political parties all together would be a damn good start.  Have an open primary in every state and the top 2 or 3 candidates,  via the electoral process then run agaisnt each other in a general election. ...again in an electoral process.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
W@MaroonBells said:
@Skodin said:
That's how many of us  felt with the last one. 
No you didn't and you know it. You admired the man's grace, morality, statesmanship and the respect he commanded around the world. You may have been vehemently opposed to his policies, as I did GWB, but like me with GWB, you respected him as a statesman. 

This is a totally different thing. You can't say anything like that about our current 3rd grader in chief. What a total embarrassment to the history of this GREAT country that 60 million people bought the snake oil that this con man was selling. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
W@MaroonBells said:
@Skodin said:
That's how many of us  felt with the last one. 
No you didn't and you know it. You admired the man's grace, morality, statesmanship and the respect he commanded around the world. You may have been vehemently opposed to his policies, as I did GWB, but like me with GWB, you respected him as a statesman. 

This is a totally different thing. You can't say anything like that about our current 3rd grader in chief. What a total embarrassment to the history of this GREAT country that 60 million people bought the snake oil that this con man was selling. 
NO I didnt,  I thought he was a fraud.  I had zero admiration for obama or his wife.  However if you want to blame anybody for the current idiot... blame the system that keeps putting worthless candidates up,  and the past president that made it shameful to a proud American.   His policies were just the tip of the iceberg for the contempt I had for him and his tenure as president.

the only respect I can say I have is for those that voted for him on principal as they were doing what they thought was right,  i can respect people doing what they think is right,  but as far as the results of their choice... sorry brother,  nothing.

honestly,  there are very few people that I wouldnt like to sit down with and hear their story,   i wouldn't waste my time with obama.  ( now Bill on the other hand,  i would love to have partied with the dude back in the 80s Wink )

Sorry, Jimmy, not buying it. 

It’s always a best practice to accuse someone with whom you disagree of lying. That is the best way to have a healthy discussion.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Skodin said:
Profound.  LMAO.