Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Saints are good, but ....
They are not that good on the road. They are just 4-4 on the road. They live for home games (7-1, like us). And we have a huge home field advantage here.  They have 2 studs on Defense: Jordan and Lattimore. The rest of them are just ok.  They have 8 new starters on defense from last year's miserable team. They will get better as they play together. Wait til next year for their defense to improve.  They make a lot of mistakes on defense. 

On offense, they have Brees who has seen it all.  He may well be able to decifer the Vikings as we disguise our defense. Fine. But how is he going to communicate that to the rest of the offense when US Bank is going to sound like a jet engine at full roar?  Their young guys are good, Thomas, Kamara, Ramczyk, but they will be seeing this morphing defense in the playoffs, on the road, with all that noise, and with little help from Brees. Good luck. 

This D is stout enough against the run that we don't need to sell out to more than adequately contain Kamara and Ingram. We can't do like Carolina did and let Brees sit back and comfortably pick apart the secondary. Zimmer just saw what that looks like. He won't allow that.  Plus, we have Rhodes for Thomas and Waynes for Ginn. The big plays won't come as easily against our defense.  

Pressure Brees. Make him move out of his pocket and we win this game easily.

exactly,  jack up the timing routes and make Bree look away from his receivers early and then the LBs Des, and S can clean up the RBs out of the back field.  Everything that the Saints try to do we have an answer for.   However,  Griff needs to have a big game IMO,  hopefully the 2 weeks off have put a little spring back in his step.

On O... Case has to play with what the aints D gives him,  I dont think he is going to have as much time as he would like and I dont think those forced floaters are going to have the same result.   Sharp decisive passes with some hard running and play action will be the key offensively to victory.

Sam took apart their defense with great accuracy on his passes. The play action worked very well. Sure wish we had Dalvin for this game. He had some nice runs inside and outside on them and Jet was very effective in the passing game. I think we can duplicate that again but we need Murray to really have a good game, like a repeat of his performance against the Ravens--he really is one of the keys to this game. Ball control/time of possession is going to be very important. The Saints can score quickly and we're going to have to keep their O on the sidelines as much as possible.

[Image: ah8KxqbX_bigger.jpg]Andy‏Verified account @AndyCarlsonShow 2m2 minutes ago
Me: The Saints barely beat a bad Panthers team. At home.
 Saints Fans: Didn't that flawed Panthers team beat you? 
 Me: ........Didn't the #Vikings beat YOU?

Saints Fans:
[Image: DTBxEPjVAAAkFrU.jpg]