Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stephen A. Smith's question to Adrian

I used to love this guy, but every time he opens his mouth I wish he'd close it...  The Saints???  Yeah, fuck you buddy...

It's kind of telling that every rushing offense he has been in the last couple of years has gotten better once he left.

...and I'd prefer he was back with NO if we play them as well... Because last time he was with them, we kicked their ass.

Ignoring his personal issues,
Loved the way he ran but a professional Rb, with his gifts who cant block says a lot about him as a professional.  Its a basic requirement for an everydown back.  If he wanted to improve then he could have spent a lot more time working on it.  Maybe I am wrong but I dont put blocking in the same catagory as recieving.  Recieving seems to be more of a gift of natural ability.  His lack of blocking ability always speaks to a lack of desire.

I hate shit questions like this, probably shouldn’t have even watched it. I guess I’m glad he gave props to his former teammates. As a fan he makes me feel very unappreciated. He was loved by the fanbase for so many years, only to walk away the way he did. He can go on holding his grudge I guess. Maybe he’ll prefer to go into the HOF as a Saint, too....

Quote: @Poiple said:
Ignoring his personal issues,
Loved the way he ran but a professional Rb, with his gifts who cant block says a lot about him as a professional.  Its a basic requirement for an everydown back.  If he wanted to improve then he could have spent a lot more time working on it.  Maybe I am wrong but I dont put blocking in the same catagory as recieving.  Recieving seems to be more of a gift of natural ability.  His lack of blocking ability always speaks to a lack of desire.
His issue as a receiver wasn't really that he couldn't catch the ball it was that he couldn't/wouldn't learn how to be effective as a pass catching option.

What I mean is if you throw him the ball he can catch it but if you ask him to do specific precise route with specific timings and depths he won't/can't do them.  Add that to poor at pass blocking(totally capable but not committed) and he was/is a liability as anything other than a runner.

I often contended he held the passing offense back because of that and I think it's been supported recently.  I remember watching the saints game and Brees was out of the pocket looking for a target in the end zone and AP just ran himself right out of bounds unassisted-totally took himself out of the play even though he was the most accessible target for his scrambling QB.  Something a veteran NFL should know better and likely one reason Peyton moved on, even rookie Kamara knows better.

That was a no-win question. "What's more difficult for you?". Maybe it's difficult for him but maybe it's not that difficult. The set up was there for MN negativity with the 'you carried the team on your back', 'lord knows you need a quarterback and they didn't give you much to work with', etc.

He asked. Adrian answered. I only wish he were a little more savvy and just refused to pick the situation that is "more difficult" as choosing either one wasn't a good idea. 

He said it was time to move on when speaking about the Vikings. And he’s right, it was time. Once he was no longer the feature piece of our offense, we were able to actually build an offense. 

I know the question was a no win thing for him. Smith or Bayless or some of the other talking heads LUV asking those sorts of questions. Perhaps it should have occurred to Adrian that this was what he was being set up to answer. But regardless I guess as a fan of his for several years I would have appreciated a “better answer.” Better to me, of course...not necessarily better to Adrian. 

My hope would be that someday Adrian will reflect back on his career and realize he did have a lot of fan support in Minnesota, and that he was appreciated. If he can see past his own bitterness and ego perhaps one day it will dawn on him.

That's the thing, he is focused on the here and now. He is only thinking about himself and what benefits him. It was a total set up question. Either he didn't see the set up or didn't care. It didn't make me mad at all. In fact, it didn't even surprise me that he responded the way he did.