Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good news for us: Not as many coaching vacancies as earlier projected
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2752265-nfls-2018-coaching-carousel-slow-to-get-in-motion-for-risk-averse-nfl?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl

Sure we have a chance of losing Shurmer, Edwards, Preifer to those who ARE looking, but the competition will be lesser.  Gruden is probably off the market with Oakland, if they are willing to back the Brinks truck up.

Quote: @Montana Tom said:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2752265-nfls-2018-coaching-carousel-slow-to-get-in-motion-for-risk-averse-nfl?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl

Sure we have a chance of losing Shurmer, Edwards, Preifer to those who ARE looking, but the competition will be lesser.  Gruden is probably off the market with Oakland, if they are willing to back the Brinks truck up.
I think the Gruden deal is done,   they are just using a little loop hole to their advantage.  teams cannot contact coaches of playoff teams until they are eliminated,  however.... Gruden technically isnt with a team so he is able to contact staff on teams in the playoffs in an attempt to fill his coaching staff before any announcement is made.   I think the Gruden deal was done as soon as the Raiders were gone from the playoffs.

he also gets one more inside look at the Chiefs as he is scheduled to be part of the announcer team that does their game this weekend.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Montana Tom said:

I think the Gruden deal is done,   they are just using a little loop hole to their advantage.  teams cannot contact coaches of playoff teams until they are eliminated,  however.... Gruden technically isnt with a team so he is able to contact staff on teams in the playoffs in an attempt to fill his coaching staff before any announcement is made.   I think the Gruden deal was done as soon as the Raiders were gone from the playoffs.

he also gets one more inside look at the Chiefs as he is scheduled to be part of the announcer team that does their game this weekend.
Just heard (here in the Bay Area) that the Raiders have scheduled a very important Press Conference this coming Tuesday - obviously to announce that Gruden will indeed be their next coach.

It ain't over until the fat lady signs though.

Shurmer gets his first interviews in this week. The longer the Vikings are playing, the better the chance that teams hire their coach before being able to talk to him again. SKOL VIKINGS! 

Quote: @NorthernCalVike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Montana Tom said:

Just heard (here in the Bay Area) that the Raiders have scheduled a very important Press Conference this coming Tuesday - obviously to announce that Gruden will indeed be their next coach.
word is 10 years 10 million per year.

Gruden is 10 years removed from coaching and inherited a couple of good teams to post a decent W/L record, not great but decent.  I always thought of him as overrated as both a coach and analyst.  Every time he did his QB pre draft camps he praised every single QB and didn't add any substance to differentiate one from the other.  Maybe behind the scenes he has been giving good consult - IDK - but I find him more of a caricature then a good football coach.  I guess the Raiders will find out but 10 years away from the coaching game is a long time not sure if the Grin and Carr will get in sync.  

The Raiders are obviously looking at his face/grin/caricature from a Las Vegas marketing aspect in paying him a record contract.

Chuckie will have his work cut out for him in trying to turn Carr and the offense around - Carr was bad this year and regressed big time after having one good season.  

Actually Gruden last coached in Tampa, from 2002 thru the 2008 season.

he wasnt much of a coach when he was in the loop,  I cant see him doing any better now.   how long before he starts his QB collection up again?

I know he has been in the game as an analyst and qb camps but the game has changed since he coached last. It will be interesting to see how he adapts and how effective he can be.