Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10 Vikings Defensive Numbers of Note: Allowed Just 12.5 PPG at USBS
http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/10-Vikings-Defensive-Numbers-of-Note-Minnesota-Allowed-Just-125-PPG-at-US-Bank-Stadium/5646f222-f326-479b-883c-1cea45e385d3

10 Vikings Defensive Numbers of Note: Minnesota Allowed Just 12.5 PPG at U.S. Bank Stadium

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. — The best defense in the NFL resides in Minnesota. 
As the Vikings worked their way toward a 13-3 season, their defense showed up week-in and week-out to produce one of the top seasons in franchise history.
Minnesota ranked first in the NFL in multiple categories, and helped the Vikings earn the No. 2 seed and a first-round bye in the playoffs.
Here’s a look at 10 numbers of note from the Vikings defense:

1 — Minnesota’s defense ranked first in the NFL is three major categories: points allowed per game (15.8), yards allowed per game (275.9) and third-down defense (51 conversions on 202 attempts; 25.2 percent).

98.9 — Vikings safety Harrison Smith’s 2017 season was graded out at 98.9 by analytics site Pro Football Focus. Smith, who matched a career high with five interceptions, was the site’s highest graded player of any position in the NFL and recorded the best grade ever for a safety.

Full article at link

best  grade  ever   for a  saftey  wow   def mvp very  worth  off the  league award

Not too mention 21 points in those home games were when Vikes were playing a soft less agressive defense to protect against a quick score. Saints had 12 most and got a garbage time td. Bucs garbage time TD. And the Ravens. Without those the average drops to below 10 ppg. I feel pretty good about this D at home.

Don't forget those cheap Cincy points, too.

I think the point is that for those of us who remembered the vaunted original Purple People Eaters, this D is right up there in today's NFL (a different game) and is creating its own unselfish history.  If there is a year to go deep, I think we are staring it in the face.  Scares the S hit out of me.