Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Better make sure you are sitting down before reading....
https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/01/04/super-...gn=themmqb&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&__twitter_impression=true&__twitter_impression=true

https://patch.com/minnesota/southwestmin...-you-think

Some how I feel better when we are flying under the radar and the team isn't expected to do as well as they are.  I like it better when we are the hungry team.

I was listening to KFAN on the drive to work this morning. Ben Leber commented that Minnesota fans are so cautious. We'd almost rather Carson Wentz still be playing and have the Vikings as the underdogs fighting for the win. We're also not comfortable going all in emotionally due to past disappointment. He has a point. I find myself checking my emotions and reminding myself to just look at one day/game at a time. His point was that we are FANS. We can go all in and get excited about the possibility. If the Vikings lose, they lose. We'll still get up and go to work the next day. So, enjoy it while it's here. 

So yeah, I'm going to enjoy it! How about that prediction! I love it.

Quote: @Nichelle said:
I was listening to KFAN on the drive to work this morning. Ben Leber commented that Minnesota fans are so cautious. We'd almost rather Carson Wentz still be playing and have the Vikings as the underdogs fighting for the win. We're also not comfortable going all in emotionally due to past disappointment. He has a point. I find myself checking my emotions and reminding myself to just look at one day/game at a time. His point was that we are FANS. We can go all in and get excited about the possibility. If the Vikings lose, they lose. We'll still get up and go to work the next day. So, enjoy it while it's here. 

Too many emotional scars for that.  Everyone is waiting for Lucy to pull the football away.

These SI prognosticators who think the Steelers/Patriots will score 30+ points against us at home!  Do they even watch the games?!?

The teams that scare me the most -- in order --  are the Saints, Steelers and Rams.  NONE will score more than 24 points against us.

Quote: @Nichelle said:

IIRC, I dont think Ben grew up a Vikings fan,  He is from the part of SD that has a lot of Broncos and Chiefs fans from my travels.   I think in order to understand the cautious demeanor of being a Vikings fan you have to have been one for at least 20 years and have lived the 99 and 09 heart aches.  also the average fan doesnt feel it either,  it takes that fan that lives Vikings football year round.

Don't do that I was  thinking something  catastrophic   dam man. And the rams scare me the most

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
IIRC, I dont think Ben grew up a Vikings fan,  He is from the part of SD that has a lot of Broncos and Chiefs fans from my travels.   I think in order to understand the cautious demeanor of being a Vikings fan you have to have been one for at least 20 years and have lived the 99 and 09 heart aches.  also the average fan doesnt feel it either,  it takes that fan that lives Vikings football year round.
'99 and '09? I wish. Sadly, I go back to the 1969 season - SB in 1970. That was the only SB I thought we should definitely win. I would have said the same in '98 and '09 but we did not make it. So, yeah, cautious optimism for me.

I have seen all 4 Super Bowl losses with the Raiders loss being particularly painful.
1998 was very painful as well.  It took a while for me to come to view that 1998 season as being fantastic!
I mean every week the team was whuppin' butts.
The journey was worth every penny even though they came up short.

2009 was another doozy but not too bad for me as I felt a disconnect with Favre as the QB.  Have to admit that.
I still wanted to win but it felt like sleeping with the enemy.

This year has been a very surprising ride especially with the QB situation.
The defense has been top notch though.

As long as the defense does not have a severe breakdown then the Vikings should be in every game.
I only worry about the offense being able to put up some points.
I think the Bears played the team differently and were purposely trying to keep Keenum in the pocket.
At least that is what I thought I saw.  Of course I was drinking so who knows?

Either way I will enjoy it!

[Image: 7112637-Viking-Beer-0.jpg]

Quote: @dadevike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
'99 and '09? I wish. Sadly, I go back to the 1969 season - SB in 1970. That was the only SB I thought we should definitely win. I would have said the same in '98 and '09 but we did not make it. So, yeah, cautious optimism for me.
I wasnt born until 73 so the PPEs were barely a memory, I have faint memories of those 70s games,  but not really enough to point to that as an emotional scar.   My pain began in the 80s,  with the 87 CG being the first open wound.   I think to truly feel the pain you have to have been through at least 2 emotional losses.    for you old timers that vividly remember the 60s and 70s... at some point doesnt shock and numbness take over and kind of block out the pain?