Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Seating Watchouts at U.S. Bank?
As a birthday present to myself, I am heading up for the Vikings first playoff game at the new stadium, which will also be my first trip to the new venue.  Just curious whether there are any watchouts in terms of seat locations?  The price point has me leaning toward seats in the upper level, sidelines, within the first 10 rows.  Any differences between home and visitor sides of the field?  Given late afternoon start, any issues with the natural light on one side or the other?  Thanks for any tips.

Our price points must be about the same, because that's exactly where I've been both times I've gone. :-) Not sure there's a bad seat in the house, so the only thing I would recommend is if your budget puts you close to one end zone or another, choose the one opposite the big doors. The downtown view is spectacular. 

I’m not sure with this time of year but you could be in the sun if you are on the opponents side.  At this point, with a 3:35 game time, it would be very temporary at most.  I also agree that I’d prefer to face the big doors than have them at my back.

sitting on the east/ northeast end in a late afternoon game could have you looking into a setting sun in the 3rd / 4th quarter.   

I have only been to one game but I found these links very helpful in choosing seats:

http://aviewfrommyseat.com/venue/U.S.+Bank+Stadium/
http://seatgeek.com/venues/u-s-bank-stad...hart/views

Nope, none Smile

My seats are on the visitors' side and we had a bit of sun on Sunday. We were dressed warm for the weather so it was a bit warm sitting there for a while. It wasn't really an issue, though. I do agree that the skyline view is nice. My seats are between the 35 and 40. To the left, is a great view of the players running out during intros. And to the right, there's the skyline. Ultimately I'd say just pick seats with your preferred view of the field. The stadium is awesome all around.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
sitting on the east/ northeast end in a late afternoon game could have you looking into a setting sun in the 3rd / 4th quarter.   
If the game starts at 3:40 the sun will be down before the 2nd half starts.

Quote: @"1VikesFan" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
If the game starts at 3:40 the sun will be down before the 2nd half starts.
Ok fine...2nd quarter,  doesn't change the potential issue.

I dont think the sun will be an issue for very long or if at all if it's cloudy. Which MN this time of year is a good probability. There really isn't a bad seat in the house. Choose the site-line you like best, what fits the budget, and cheer for a win. 

Have a good time, I'll be there rooting along with you. What a great treat to yourself to go!! 

Thanks everyone for the great input.  I will be there with my three sons.  My rule is that if you don's lose your voice from screaming when we are on defense, you walk back to Texas!