Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hit on Marquise Goodwin

what's with the music?

You know, I get that they are protecting the players and all. But what do you do there? you go in for the hard tackle because he’s close to the goal line and the wr lowers his head to get low and you end up ringing his bell.

I guess you just let him score and try and get the score back? 

How about tackling him instead of going for the huge hit to blow him up?  You know, actually wrap him up.

Quote: @dadevike said:
what's with the music?
Lol. No freaking clue. Guess the person posting it felt it needed a remix.

Quote: @Purplewhizz said:
How about tackling him instead of going for the huge hit to blow him up?  You know, actually wrap him up.
I guess!

But, the game of football is about who has the biggest, well you know.  Intimidation is part of the game, making a guy to never want to come in your area is part of the game. 

I think a look at Sendejo on our defense shows that. He blows people up, but Zimmer says he is one of the most improved guys, going from doubting he will even make the team to improving his tackling ability and starting.

These hits are part of the game. 

Quote: @dadevike said:
what's with the music?
If the content is protected by copywright, you can avoid limitations on sharing it by making it your “own” by editing it in some way. Like adding music or graphics. 

Quote: @Riphawkins said:
@Purplewhizz said:
I guess!

But, the game of football is about who has the biggest, well you know.  Intimidation is part of the game, making a guy to never want to come in your area is part of the game. 

I think a look at Sendejo on our defense shows that. He blows people up, but Zimmer says he is one of the most improved guys, going from doubting he will even make the team to improving his tackling ability and starting.

The game has changed, as soon as the players get that the better.

And Sendejo blows his own guys up just as much as he does opponents.  He has improved because he has limited his head hunting.

The Carolina V. Atlanta game proved you dont have to hit high to have an Impact.  Early in the game a DB could have went high on Julio, but he blew up Julios midsection and it was just as impactful as a head shot.

Quote: @Bolstad79 said:
@Riphawkins said:
@Purplewhizz said:
I guess!

The game has changed, as soon as the players get that the better.

And Sendejo blows his own guys up just as much as he does opponents.  He has improved because he has limited his head hunting.

The Carolina V. Atlanta game proved you dont have to hit high to have an Impact.  Early in the game a DB could have went high on Julio, but he blew up Julios midsection and it was just as impactful as a head shot.
I don’t think we are that far apart on this. My original comment said the WR lowers his head to get low, that’s where the contact around the head came in. It isn’t the DB’s fault the WR put himself in that position.

I know the game has changed, but both players need to be accountable. By lowering his head he put the DB in a position to get hurt.

the defender had broken down prior to delivering the hit.  the helmet to helmet/head/neck area contact is on the runner as he dropped himself to the defenders lowered level.  The defender was not completely innocent in this incident,  he launched himself at the ball carrier with his head down and after initial contact the defender made no attempt to wrap up and actually used his right arm to swing upward which was not part of a normal tackle process.  

unless the league wants a lot more knee injuries they have to put some of this on the offensive players to change how they come into contact.  personally I would be instructing my tacklers to keep going for the hip area and working on keeping their head up and not going for the kill shot,  but in a close ball game one good hit across the middle early in the game can send a very definite message that shows up the rest of the contest.  as great as calvin johnson was and as big as he was.. he showed a lot of alligator arms if he got drilled early.