Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darrell Hazell
I wonder why many people arent talking about the work he has done since he joined the team? When he was hired many were sceptical about the move given his unsuccessful stint as head coach for Kent State. He has been a great fit with the team It's hard not to nitice how good our receiving group has improved since his arrival.
I think he needs to be credited with the resurgence. 

well, to your point, I didnt even know he was the receivers coach!

I count Stewart as another one of last off-season's addition by subtraction.

Quote: @Caactorvike said:
well, to your point, I didnt even know he was the receivers coach!
That's funny :-)

Quote: @Scoog said:
I count Stewart as another one of last off-season's addition by subtraction.
Agreed. I always felt he was living on past glories. Was really excited when he moved on.

Or is he reaping the benefits of what was started before him?  I mean, Thielan and Diggs were both near 1000 yds last season with a much crappier OLine and Shurmer’s offense not fully implemented.

Quote: @Purplewhizz said:
Or is he reaping the benefits of what was started before him?  I mean, Thielan and Diggs were both near 1000 yds last season with a much crappier OLine and Shurmer’s offense not fully implemented.
IMO, Theilen is the only WR that could count as a developed WR.  Diggs came in developed thanks to McCardell.  Given the time Stewart was on the staff, he should have more than 1 WR developed project on his resume.

Quote: @Scoog said:
@Purplewhizz said:
IMO, Theilen is the only WR that could count as a developed WR.  Diggs came in developed thanks to McCardell.  Given the time Stewart was on the staff, he should have more than 1 WR developed project on his resume.
Diggs was a 5th rounder - hard to believe he was as completely developed as you suggest.  And what has Hazell done?  i guess I dont see the evidence.

Quote: @Purplewhizz said:
@Scoog said:
@Purplewhizz said:
Diggs was a 5th rounder - hard to believe he was as completely developed as you suggest.  And what has Hazell done?  i guess I dont see the evidence.
IIRC, the knock on Diggs in the draft was his durability.