Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Case Keenum's legs are extending plays, Vikings' Super Bowl hopes
"I didn't know he could move around like he does," coach Mike Zimmer said. "I think that's part of the things teams have started to have to prepare for nowFirst came a delay of game penalty, a mishap charged to Case Keenum. Then came pressure from his left on the third-quarter drive, forcing a run to his right while dodging Packers defensive linemen on third-and-13.
The Vikings quarterback, now bound by the right sideline and an incoming Packers linebacker, completed a throw that might have made Fran Tarkenton blush. A backpedaling Keenum found tight end David Morgan, who slipped four Packers defenders for the night's biggest play of 23 yards and led to a field goal in the Vikings' 16-0 victory.
"I'm actually in protection and the play kind of busted," Morgan said. "I knew Case was looking for somebody and I just had to let my guy go in hopes of getting open. And he saw me and we made something happen."
A key to Keenum's career-best production — and the Vikings' Super Bowl hopes — has been his ability to create in pressure situations. Keenum is currently pressured 35 percent more than he is sacked, which is a league-leading differential among the likes of Philip Rivers and Russell Wilson, according to Pro Football Focus.
http://www.startribune.com/case-keenum-s...467040873/