Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Derek Carr is not that impressive anymore.
Not sure what has happened to him but he looks very pedestrian and not the sure thing franchise QB.

carr flat out suck this year. i would take keenum over him in a hearbeat.

what happened?  He has just an average OL
in front of him. This is what detractors were worried about coming out of FSU, needs a great pocket to be a great QB

One game "for" the Vikes and he f***in blew it...

Philly has a good DL and Oakland and that highly paid OL has underperformed all year. They blow chunks. 

He's a good, but not elite QB and needs to have help to succeed. They had that last year, but the OL took a step back, key skill players like Cooper and Crabtree struggling, switching the OC from Musgrave to Downing, and the defense's struggles he's got too many factors working against him. Not sure if anything has changed with him in terms of mechanics or decision making, though his struggles tonight were exacerbated by swirling winds, which will making both QBs look even worse tonight.

Interestingly, Carr's stats are very similar to Keenum's:

Carr 319/516 (61.5%), 3,383 YDS, 22 TD, 14 INT, 19 SACK, and 86.0 QBR*
Keenum 304/452 (67.3), 3,358 YDS, 21 TD, 7 INT, 20 SACK, and 98.1 QBR

The big differences Carr having lower accuracy and throwing twice the amount of picks, but otherwise they are surprisingly similar. Carr is doing this with an OL, skill players, and D that are all struggling. Keenum is putting his numbers up in a much more favorable situation. That's not meant as a knock on Keenum, but I was just surprised how similar their numbers were despite them dealing with very different situations.

*That is Carr's QBR through 14 games, it would now be lower after a bad performance against the Eagles. The rest of his stats are up to date.

The NFL is so unpredictable year to year. It surprises me every season.

I'm guessing that transverse process is still bothering him...he missed throws last night that he normally makes with ease...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
I'm guessing that transverse process is still bothering him...he missed throws last night that he normally makes with ease...
He hasn't looked right since the rumors of the OL letting him get injured.

To be fair, his biggest knock coming out of college was his mechanics went out the window when he was preaaured. That looked to be on full display yesterday. But... There were still some throws that just made no sense because of how ugly they were. Throws where the pocket wasn't bad enough to cause an errant pass. I was thinking injury, too.

hes hearing footsteps,  he isnt setting up when the time is there and his throws are showing it.