Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanna Underestimate The Impact Of The QB Position?
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you Jimmy GQ...this was a 1-10 team when he took over...they just dropped 44 on the Jags...49ers are going to be relevant again in 2018...

Jimmy Garoppolo completed 21-of-30 passes for 242 yards, two touchdowns, and an interception in the Jaguars' Week 16 win over the 49ers.
He also rushed for a first-quarter touchdown. Garoppolo’s pocket poise and accuracy continued to stand out in his fourth straight winning start, this one most impressive because it came against the NFL’s very best defense. His touchdown passes went to day-three rookies Trent Taylor and George Kittle, a testament to just how little Garoppolo has around him. Garoppolo worked the middle of the field with tight ends, fullbacks, and slot receivers, and his quick release allowed the Jags' defense to get home for only one sack. In 2018, Garoppolo will get back Pierre Garcon and the 49ers will likely add a red-zone upgrade. Garoppolo will draw another difficult test when he travels to L.A. to face a stingy Rams pass defense to close out the year.

Pretty good stuff. But I will say I'll need to see more from him to completely buy in. But he's played very well thus far as a 49er. Bortles threw a pic 6 in the first half and then 2 ugly INTs in the 2nd half.

Literally no one is taking SF seriously yet.   Easy to sneak up on a few teams like that.  Let's see how next year goes first.

I want the Rams to beat SF. I am assuming that Philly wins at least one of its 2 remaining home games against teams with nothing to play for. If they do, Philly gets the 1 seed. We would be the 2 seed in all likelihood.

Assuming N.O. beats T.B., Saints would win the South. If the Rams beat S.F., the Rams get the 3 seed and N.O. gets the 4 seed.  The Rams would host either Atlanta or Seattle in round 1, and the Saints would host Carolina. Assuming the home teams win, we would get the Rams, and N.O. would play Philly.

If N.O. gets the 3 seed, we likely play them in round 2. I would rather play the Rams in the divisional round and leave N.O., if necessary, for the NFCCG.

So . . . I want the Rams to beat S.F.

I believe Bill Belichick is going to regret letting Garappolo get away

The NFL is a better league when young QB talent flourishes, I wish the guy the best. 

Quote: @"Hidalgo" said:
I don't think he is, he'll use that 2nd Round pick on QB and have a few years to develop him before he has to play.

Dropping a 40 burger on Jax might have the Rams attention... 

I agree with this...But I also cant help believe that when Brady retires, so will Billichick.

Interesting speculation by Colin Cowherd on the Patriots.