Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glazer: 13-14 teams could potentially change head coaches
It’s been nice knowin’ ya Pat...!  Confused
The end of the regular season in the National Football League is usually marked by a multitude of changes at head coach. If a report by Jay Glazer of FOX Sports is accurate, there could be more than ever to mark the end of the 2017 season.
According to Glazer, as many as 13 or 14 teams could make a change at head coach after the end of Week 17. Although Glazer provided a generous number of teams that could make a change, no specifics were given as to which teams could potentially make a move at head coach.
https://247sports.com/nfl/new-orleans-saints/Bolt/Jay-Glazer-13-14-teams-could-potentially-change-head-coaches-112711162

If even half that many make the move Shurmur is surely gone.

if it's as many as Glazer says, we could lose both coordinators. I sure hope he's wrong.

There will not be 13-14 new HCs next year.

My guess would be 7, and teams are going to have to wait awhile on Shurmur because he will have 3 post season games to play.

Glazer is pretty connected, we shall see...

Quote: @"Bolstad79" said:

My guess would be 7, and teams are going to have to wait awhile on Shurmur because he will have 3 post season games to play.
IIRC he can be contacted during our bye week.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Bolstad79" said:

With permission.

Quote: @"Bolstad79" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Bolstad79" said:

With permission.
Who gives permission?
Could you imagine someone asking Zimmer for permission? That's not a job I would want

Do we have someone on staff behind Shurmur?  It doesn't look to me that we have someone being groomed but then again this is Shurmur's first full year with us after the Turner fiasco.  

Sparano does have some HC and OC experience but not in the Shurmur mold from what I can tell.

Anyway, we saw what a change in OC can do (Shurmur from Turner) for an offense so this is critical.  I think both the Radiers and Falcons lost their OC's last year and both have had a drastic drop off in production.

Basically who is out there from the Shurmur OC tree that we might be able to pluck?  He was with the Browns and Eagles, anyone?

I could see both the Lions and Bears having interest in Shurmur, which kind of sucks from the Vikings point of view. But ultimately a deep playoff run may be enough of a deterrent to keep him on the coaching staff. Teams generally like to get their hires completed early so they can get their staffs lined up without earlier hires diluting the market.