Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has This Viking Team Peaked Yet?
I don't think it has.  The OLine starters really haven't played together for several games now, and I think Case still is learning and getting better.  There's still quite a few young guys on offense and defense that are also learning and getting better.

As good as the team is now, I think they haven't yet played their best, or reached their potential.  The game last Sunday was all business the way they stomped that inferior Bengals team.  I hope we continue that same demeanor Saturday night and intentensly come at the Pack on offense and defense.

We still have a few notches left on the dial before this team is fully cranked.  I just hope they do it in time for playoffs.

Go Vikes!

I agree. I think we win these next two much like we did the Giants Bears games of 2015, just overall dominance. 

After that and a week to rest up, while watching tape on the Rams and Saints, we come out the gate gangbusters in the Divisional round. It will be loud and crazy at US bank

The concern the last two games has been penalties.  I hope that is not a trend. We need to play a clean game.
And Case is still getting better. He needs to. The pressure will start mounting very soon.  He needs to continue to make plays but not try to be the hero.  That defense makes for a great security blanket.

I sure as hell hope they haven't...

nobody knows for sure...but my gut says that they have not peaked  yet.  

I think the team can still take strides forward.  The niggling injuries are a problem for every team in the NFL (hell, in sports, period), but it looks like the Vikings are returning to near-full-strength just in time to head into the postseason.  They need to polish off GB and da Bears without serious injuries, and secure that week of extra recovery.

I have a strong feeling that Zimmer/Edwards/Shurmur have many surprises we haven't seen, yet.  The team just feels...poised...to me.

i dont know if they could
play any better than they did
against the Rams.  what is cool
about  this team is they are consistently good.  they are a
threat to win it all and can beat any team

I think that they are no longer flying under the radar and there is a lot of film on them.  It will be interesting to see if the coaching staff can continue to come up with new things to keep them going forward.

Quote: @Poiple said:
I think that they are no longer flying under the radar and there is a lot of film on them.  It will be interesting to see if the coaching staff can continue to come up with new things to keep them going forward.
As a team, no, but it still seems like individual honors are snubs. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/12/21/nfl-be...candidates (Not according to Packer fans and for once I agree with them)
or
https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/12/20/steele...qb-mailbag
"All fair. But the Vikings were 19-13 in the last two years. They weren’t
coming from the depths that McVay and Doug Marrone were."

IOW, because their predecessors were so bad, their replacements must be top notch.  The fact that Zimmer is doing that with a different leading passer and rusher in 2015, 2016, and 2017 isn't nearly as important for determining how good a coach is.

scoog!  any relation to Whitey Scoog?  He played with Hot Rod Huntley, Clyde Lavellette, George Mikan as a member of the Minneapolis Lakers. a venerable name to be sure!