Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFC Playoff Predictions
My prediction: Eagles and Vikings get first round byes in the playoffs, Los Angeles Rams come to Minnesota and New Orleans goes to Philly. 

NFCC game: New Orleans at Minnesota. 

It seems fairly evident that Carolina, New Orleans, LA, Atlanta, Philly and Minnesota will be the NFC playoff teams. Its going to take some interesting quirks to change those 6, but the seeding however is certainly debatable and much more volatile. 

Dear God almighty....if NO comes to play us for the NFCC...

If the PLAYERS don't kill Brees.....the fans will.  
I can't even IMAGINE the atmosphere at that game....good lord

Carolina over the Saints
Detroit loses to the Rams

Carolina sneaks out a W over Philly 24-21
Rams get bumrushed at US Bank 30 - 13

Carolina gets destroyed by Minnesota in a rematch, 34 - 16

Vikings - Steelers at US Bank

Quote: @StickyBun said:
It seems fairly evident that Carolina, New Orleans, LA, Atlanta, Philly and Minnesota will be the NFC playoff teams. Its going to take some interesting quirks to change those 6, but the seeding however is certainly debatable and much more volatile. 
Atlanta plays the Saints this week and Carolina next week. They could easily lose both of those games.  Detroit plays Cinci this week and GB next week. The Lions could easily win both of their games. Then the Lions get in and Atlanta is out.
That probably does not change your ultimate predictions.
The WC weekend teams will likely be: N.O., Rams, Panthers, and either Atlanta or the Lions.  We have played all of those teams this season. The only one we have not beaten is Carolina. I would like another shot at them. At home.

Quote: @dadevike said:
@StickyBun said:
Atlanta plays the Saints this week and Carolina next week. They could easily lose both of those games.  Detroit plays Cinci this week and GB next week. The Lions could easily win both of their games. Then the Lions get in and Atlanta is out.
That probably does not change your ultimate predictions.
The WC weekend teams will likely be: N.O., Rams, Panthers, and either Atlanta or the Lions.  We have played all of those teams this season. The only one we have not beaten is Carolina. I would like another shot at them. At home.

Same here Dade, but I admit that a Saints rematch in the NFCCG would also be very appealing, assuming things shake out that way.
No matter what I truly believe this team, when healthy, can beat anybody. We have to stay healthy, and we have to play like we've been here before. I truly believe that's how the Pats continue to stay in the thick of things--they know how to play playoff football.

Yes, we can beat anyone, but I think there are several teams that can say that.  What separates the Patriots is that they do not beat themselves. They make plays, of course, but they do not shoot themselves in the foot like most everyone else. See Pittsburgh and Oakland this past weekend, or Atlanta and Seattle in recent SB losses to NE. When it got tight, the other teams made bad decisions. Sometimes called choking. BB and TB12 tend to keep their heads while all around them are losing theirs.
It helps a lot to have been there before. Nobody has been there as often as NE. But even Pittsburgh with all their experience in big games folded to NE at the end this weekend.
In the NFC playoffs, only one QB has won a SB. That's a big advantage for Brees. Two other QBs have played in a SB. Nice edge for Cam and Ryan. That makes getting at least the 2 seed so critical for the Vikes. If the game is tight in the second half and an opposing team needs to make a play, it will be great to have the Vikings home crowd at US Bank Stadium turn up the pressure, get them rattled, make it hard to communicate, and help the other team to beat themselves. That home crowd is our edge.

Looks about right
The only team in the NFC I worried about just lost their Superstar QB, and Foles is a huge drop in talent