Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There's a good chance Vikings will see Joe Mixon on Sunday
Bengals rookie running back Joe Mixon (concussion) practiced on Thursday, making it likely he’ll play in Week 15 against the Vikings in Minnesota.
On the season, his numbers indicate disappointment, running for 518 yards and four touchdowns, but only 3.3 yards per carry.
He’s also caught 27 passes for 266 yards.
But according to Pro Football Focus, Mixon has been the league’s 14th-best running back with a grade of 81.4. He’s above guys like Leonard Fournette, Derrick Henry and Melvin Gordon.
It will be interesting to see how many carries Mixon gets. In the two previous games before getting hurt against Pittsburgh in Week 13, Mixon carried the ball 20 or more times in each game, including running 23 times for 114 yards in a win over Cleveland on Nov. 26.
http://vikingswire.usatoday.com/2017/12/...on-sunday/

As a Big 12 fan, Ive seen Mixon and Pearon and they are decent runners.  Our D cannot let him get going and I don’t think they will.  They will not have to worry about a running QB this week so I think the run D will be solid.  

Teams have some good players, that's the NFL....even the bad teams. Strap on the helmets and let's play. 

I was wondering what folks here thought of Mixon's rookie year.  I know many were drooling at the thought of him becoming a Viking, and checking numbers, he's not doing much.  He's had one hundred yard game, and his next best game was 62 yards.

As far as the Bengal offense is concerned, the only thing worse than their 26th ranked passing game, is their 31st ranked running game.  This team looks to be one of the worst offenses we've seen all season.

True Happy...but if we dont bring an "A game" Sunday? It could get ugly, panic and hilarity might ensue. It wouldnt be good for my mood thats for sure. And I have to go out to a fancy family dinner sunday night after coming home from the stadium. I better be happy Happy.  

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
True Happy...but if we dont bring an "A game" Sunday? It could get ugly, panic and hilarity might ensue. It wouldnt be good for my mood thats for sure. And I have to go out to a fancy family dinner sunday night after coming home from the stadium. I better be happy Happy.  
If it were up to me, Sunday evening you'll feel like ordering the most expensive "NFC North Title" celebration steak on the menu. 

I'm pulling for ya, PF.  B)

take away the run and Green and make them win with what ever they have left.

Quote: @HappyViking said:
I was wondering what folks here thought of Mixon's rookie year.  I know many were drooling at the thought of him becoming a Viking, and checking numbers, he's not doing much.  He's had one hundred yard game, and his next best game was 62 yards.

As far as the Bengal offense is concerned, the only thing worse than their 26th ranked passing game, is their 31st ranked running game.  This team looks to be one of the worst offenses we've seen all season.

Lost their two best guys on the OL...OC gets fired...It's been a mess in the Queen City...he shows flashes...glad we got Cook...

who knows how he'd preform if he hadn't  landed in that dumpster fire of an offense

Mixon has been ruled out, he won't play Sunday.