Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panthers’ Matt Kalil ‘ready to get after it’ against Vikings’ Everson Griffen
For the better part of a decade, left tackle Matt Kalil battled right defensive end Everson Griffen in practices at USC and with the Vikings. Now they’re ready to meet for the first time in a game.
Kalil left the Vikings as a free agent in March to sign a five-year, $55.5 million contract with the Carolina Panthers. They play host to Minnesota  at noon Sunday in Charlotte, N.C.
On Thursday, Kalil offered a bit of a challenge to Griffen, who is fourth in the NFL with 12 sacks. Kalil noted that he often wasn’t healthy in final few seasons with the Vikings.
“I’ve played against (Griffen) a lot, but a lot of those practices I wasn’t 100 percent; I was injured,” Kalil told reporters in Charlotte. “So this will be a little bit different from my point of view as far as the things that I can do. I’ll definitely get after it, and I’ll probably be a different guy than (the Vikings were) used to the past few years.”
http://www.twincities.com/2017/12/07/pan...h-vikings/

Always nice when they bring out the classics.  How many times did we hear Kalil say his past poor play was over because he was finally healthy.  I'm thinking it's a Festivus tradition by this point.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
“I’ve played against (Griffen) a lot, but a lot of those practices I wasn’t 100 percent; I was injured,” Kalil told reporters in Charlotte.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Bwhaaaaa! Get after what, the field? He is still making excuses. Doesn't seem like a different guy at all. 

[Image: 58266232.jpg]

What a maroon...

He's gonna be a different guy?

hes gonna BLOCK in this game?

so glad we got rid of the guys that TALK better games than they play...Kalil and Boone

A lot of Panther fans would disagree with him

Yeah Panther fans have had enough of Matt-ador.

He can talk all the shit he wants. Let's see if his coach believes him. If Rivera leaves Kalil 1-on-1 with Griff, then he believes Matt's talk. But if he is chipping Griff on pass plays, we'll know Matt's talk is just part of his delusion that he is actually worth the contract he signed with Carolina.

Cam just rolled his eyes so hard he's in the concussion protocol...