Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryan Shazier

I'm very happy for him as it looked incredibly bad last night....hopefully, he keeps improving. He actually was on my mind this morning.

A well known doctor said that for him to have feeling this morning considering how it looked last night was a 'Hail Mary' in football vernacular. 

I checked on this first thing this morning too. That looked incredibly bad, very unnerving and terrifying for him for sure. Prayers for Shazier, he's a great player and a great person too.
Putting aside what happened to Shazier, as it was an honest effort to make a tackle...I have to say that this game was beyond ridiculous. Schuster-Smith's leveling of Burfict (okay, that guy is an ass and probably deserves to get his chops blasted but not like that) and then George Iloka's hit to the head on Antonio Brown in the end zone were perfect examples of head hunting. I lost respect for both Tomlin and Lewis as coaches last night because they do not have control over their teams at all. I realize sometimes things happen in the heat of the moment but these were intentional and dangerous hits. Coupled with what Gronkowski did this weekend I think the league has a huge problem they need to get a handle on before someone gets paralyzed or killed.
Oh, and about the Gronkowski suspension....1 game????? So the guy can just haul off and slam into the back of someone's head, make a few excuses, and miss 1 game for it??? Obviously he's being fined too, but it sure would have been nice if ol' Rog would have made an example out of him like he did Brady for Deflategate. The worst thing was they called that hit "a late hit." It wasn't a late hit. Late hits come in the course of a play ending. The play was already over when Gronk charged up and slammed his elbow into the back of that kid's head. Sickening. It's more of the same where the Patriots are concerned.

Quote: @prairieghost said:
I checked on this first thing this morning too. That looked incredibly bad, very unnerving and terrifying for him for sure. Prayers for Shazier, he's a great player and a great person too.
Putting aside what happened to Shazier, as it was an honest effort to make a tackle...I have to say that this game was beyond ridiculous. Schuster-Smith's leveling of Burfict (okay, that guy is an ass and probably deserves to get his chops blasted but not like that) and then George Iloka's hit to the head on Antonio Brown in the end zone were perfect examples of head hunting. I lost respect for both Tomlin and Lewis as coaches last night because they do not have control over their teams at all. I realize sometimes things happen in the heat of the moment but these were intentional and dangerous hits. Coupled with what Gronkowski did this weekend I think the league has a huge problem they need to get a handle on before someone gets paralyzed or killed.
Oh, and about the Gronkowski suspension....1 game????? So the guy can just haul off and slam into the back of someone's head, make a few excuses, and miss 1 game for it??? Obviously he's being fined too, but it sure would have been nice if ol' Rog would have made an example out of him like he did Brady for Deflategate. The worst thing was they called that hit "a late hit." It wasn't a late hit. Late hits come in the course of a play ending. The play was already over when Gronk charged up and slammed his elbow into the back of that kid's head. Sickening. It's more of the same where the Patriots are concerned.
I dont want to see anybody injured,  but as a non fan of either the steelers or the bengals,   I think shazier is about as big of a thug asshole player as burfict in those games.  He is one of the first guys I think of when I think of cheap players.   I dont watch a ton of the steelers, but in the games I have watched he is typically involved in at least 1 questionable hit in terms of targeting defenseless players/late hits etc.  He plays hard, but he takes to many questionable opportunities IMO.

and yes 1 game for gronk is a joke,  the way these fines and suspensions are being delivered is horrible.   smoke some week,  2 games, try to paralyze an opponent... 1 game.  stupid stupid stupid.   

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@prairieghost said:
I dont want to see anybody injured,  but as a non fan of either the steelers or the bengals,   I think shazier is about as big of a thug asshole player as burfict in those games.  He is one of the first guys I think of when I think of cheap players.   I dont watch a ton of the steelers, but in the games I have watched he is typically involved in at least 1 questionable hit in terms of targeting defenseless players/late hits etc.  He plays hard, but he takes to many questionable opportunities IMO.

and yes 1 game for gronk is a joke,  the way these fines and suspensions are being delivered is horrible.   smoke some week,  2 games, try to paralyze an opponent... 1 game.  stupid stupid stupid.   
Not disagreeing with you at all here Jimmy and I think that in many instances how certain players play the game can be interpreted that way, especially if non-fans of a said player's team (folks like you and me for example) see examples of those kinds of hits on a regular basis. I think Anthony Barr has gotten that kind of reputation this year as well, obviously for his hit on the cry baby. It can be kind of subjective. There are guys in the NFL who are easy calls in this regard, however. Guys like Burfict and Suh have dirty reputations and are well-known for it. I guess what it all means is that a playing style of Shazier's nature can be interpreted in a number of ways. I'm just glad Shazier is improving, and even though I really do NOT like Burfict or Antonio Brown (as a person in his case) I hate seeing illegal hits like they both suffered last night.

it was a crazy game and what gronk did was ridiculous. But its great to see shazier improving. He was on my mind this morning.

Hate to see this kind of injury happen to anyone.  Really hope he's ok and continues to improve.

and that boys and girls is why we dont tackle with the crown of our helmet.  best wishes for a full recovery.

Just dropped on ESPN that Smith-Schuster and Iloka were suspended. 

Quote: @Clanzomaelan said:
Just dropped on ESPN that Smith-Schuster and Iloka were suspended. 
how long before the NFL implements that targeting rule that they have in college?  I hate that rule,  its to arbitrary,  but some of these just need to be immediate ejections from games with an additional game and monster fine added on.  Neither of those guy appeared to be making any attempt to avoid the head/neck area.  sometimes it just happens as part of a play,  but both of those were blatant attempts to light up somebody and injure them.