Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sex Panthers, 60% Of The Time It Works All The Time
Looking at the Panthers D from a statistical vantage point they are very similar to the Vikings...passing yards and rushing yards given up per game are within a few yards...TOP is very similar...sack numbers are also close...the differences start to emerge in turnovers, where we take it away more often...not a great deal more but we have an edge...the advantage starts to increase in explosive plays in the running game allowed, 9 to 2, and the passing game, 41 to 32...the big difference is in third down %, 36% to 27%...watching the Saints run all over Carolina leads me to believe we'll try the same...

The only thing I don't like about this game is the venue...our D isn't the same on grass...playing last week on a heavily rubbered up field was better prep, but its not the same...Panthers playing for their playoff lives...I'm still counting on a brief post game press conference from Cam...

Away games against pretty good teams are tough sledding in the NFL. The Panthers will be juiced and so will the fans. They need this game. 

Hard to get a read on the Panthers.  Very inconsistent on offense.   If Cam was so great he wouldn't have so many bad games.

Cam has shit for an OL and they traded his #1 WR to Buffalo...but there are definitely holes in his game that either he or their OC haven't adapted to...he's going to hold onto the ball too long Sunday and Hunter and Griffen should have big days...Welcome Matt is going to be in for a long day...fans should fasten down their ball caps...

couple of notes. 

We were pretty fast on D last fall when we punched this team right in the mouth

Its a stop the run first sort of game. focus on shutting down that running game and having our offense get to 17 points

Carolina does have 8 wins but outside of their win vs NE what have they done thats impressive. They pulled out a close one over Detroit and Atlanta,but barely escaped beatinf the Jets just after losing to the Bears. 

With a division title on the line and another chance to prove ourselves on the road I see a Vikings victory. 

Vikings 27 (one ST TD)
Panthers 16

Why is the word sex in the title?  Is it a reference to the many sexy hats worn by Cam Newton?  [Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn-s3.si.com%2Fimages%2...ts.jpg&f=1]

Lol...

Only a guy 6'5", 245 lbs can get by wearing those hats. 

I could analyze that topic title but I won't lol. The Panthers are inconsistent but definitely not to be taken lightly. I look forward to seeing Griffen on Kalil. As far as the venue is concerned, it's not like they haven't won there before.