Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks like we're going to the Panthers game
When the schedule was released, we thought about going to this game. I checked into the tickets (they were high) and did some investigating. I have never been to that stadium.

We decided that we would just watch it at home. Didn't want to deal with the drive and parking and all that. It's MUCH more fun going to Minnesota for a game.

Well, last week my wife gets an e-mail from her employer, Greenville Hospital Systems. They were offering tickets for this game only. At $40.00 each plus a bus ride from Greenville to Charlotte. We couldn't turn that down so we bought 2. I have no idea where the seats are gonna be (we get our tickets Sunday morning at the bus pick-up) but with the hospital buying a block of tickets, maybe the seats will decent. 

The bus ride is what sold us. We can party some and not have to worry about driving back home, parking, etc. 

The only downside is that we've had weather in the high 60s to mid 70s for weeks now. This Thursday, a cold front is coming down with lows in the 20s and highs in the 40s. You Minnesota guys may be used to it but we're not. Whatever, we've got plenty of Viking gear to keep warm plus hand and toe heaters. We'll be ready.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the Viking turnout will be. Hopefully we can do a SKOL chant.

You'll be in the upper ring probably one of the corners.  Still going to be a sweet game to watch your MN Vikings clinch the NFCN and basically get a 1st round bye

We have been enjoying our 40 degree temperatures and are now looking at a large snow storm that is sweeping in from the west with colder temperatures.  We need this kind of weather if we plan to ice fish by Christmas.

Quote: @SouthCarolinaViking said:
When the schedule was released, we thought about going to this game. I checked into the tickets (they were high) and did some investigating. I have never been to that stadium.

We decided that we would just watch it at home. Didn't want to deal with the drive and parking and all that. It's MUCH more fun going to Minnesota for a game.

Well, last week my wife gets an e-mail from her employer, Greenville Hospital Systems. They were offering tickets for this game only. At $40.00 each plus a bus ride from Greenville to Charlotte. We couldn't turn that down so we bought 2. I have no idea where the seats are gonna be (we get our tickets Sunday morning at the bus pick-up) but with the hospital buying a block of tickets, maybe the seats will decent. 

The bus ride is what sold us. We can party some and not have to worry about driving back home, parking, etc. 

The only downside is that we've had weather in the high 60s to mid 70s for weeks now. This Thursday, a cold front is coming down with lows in the 20s and highs in the 40s. You Minnesota guys may be used to it but we're not. Whatever, we've got plenty of Viking gear to keep warm plus hand and toe heaters. We'll be ready.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the Viking turnout will be. Hopefully we can do a SKOL chant.
Please say hello to us if you see us in the field

Quote: @Tom Moore said:
I would love to. I have no idea how we could get that close.

@Tom Moore said:
just be really loud

@Tom Moore said:
Smile and wave.

@Tom Moore said:

In the fourth quarter when Panthers fans are leaving in drives you should be able to move down to the lower level. Not all stadiums allow it but I've done it at many stadiums

Quote: @Hidalgo said:
In the fourth quarter when Panthers fans are leaving in drives you should be able to move down to the lower level. Not all stadiums allow it but I've done it at many stadiums
HA. Good advice. 

Hi SC Vike. We just moved to Greenville a couple of months ago.  Ive been checking out Craigslist for tickets but sure about the entire prospect of tickets and travel.
Any good Viking bars here?