Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What the heck, let's just go win the damn thing....
[Image: walder_seth.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop]Seth Walder ESPN Analytics Super Bowl LII will be played in Minneapolis, and the Vikings now have a 22% chance to play in it. They also have the fourth-highest chance to win the Super Bowl at 11%.
[Image: acb5cc01-b7c8-4875-bfe3-0fbaccd8c8ec.png]

So we have a 22% chance to play in the SB and an 11% to win it. So if my fancy math is correct, assuming we get into the SB, we have 50-50 chance to win it.  And that takes into account that we would be playing in our own stadium. 
I just don't know how they came up with the 22% chance to get to the big game.  But if we can get home field throughout the playoffs, ... I would really like our chances to make it to the SB. 

About the same odds to hit a set on the river  B)

So you're saying there's a chance...Smile

I'll take it. Gotta keep this train a rolling. 

A stout defense, a no nonsense offense and home field advantage.... Just what is needed to win a Superbowl. 
I want it so badly in my lifetime but have been though all of the let downs.  Seriously, I dont think I can watch the damn thing.  If it ever happens.....Record it, hear the result and grit my teeth while watching it later.

It is going to be an interesting ride. 

[Image: dare-to-dream-logo.jpg]

I absolutely abhor looking ahead more than one game at a time.  Having said that, there is less home field advantage in the Super Bowl, typically, because of the types of "corporate tickets" from all over the country.  There will be some, and playing in a familiar setting, staying at home, prepping in a familiar locker room...all conceivably would help.  But don't expect the deafening home crowd help...it would not be there in a Super Bowl setting.

Quote: @Montana Tom said:
I absolutely abhor looking ahead more than one game at a time.  Having said that, there is less home field advantage in the Super Bowl, typically, because of the types of "corporate tickets" from all over the country.  There will be some, and playing in a familiar setting, staying at home, prepping in a familiar locker room...all conceivably would help.  But don't expect the deafening home crowd help...it would not be there in a Super Bowl setting.
I thought I heard on local radio that the NFC this year is the away team.

What that means is that "IF" something incredible were to happen, the NFC team that will go unmentioned would not get their home locker rooms @ USB, nor would they be able to practice Winter Park either. 

All of that would go to the "AFC Home Team"

The NFC team would practice at either the Gophers facility or what was built at the time @ TCO in Eagan and get the away locker room @ USB as well. 

Crazy huh?

I have a feeling that TCO will be ready as an alternative practice site if the Vikings make the Super Bowl.  AFC team can have Winter Park  Smile

If we play the Pats, they may choose to play in their white jerseys, which would put us in purple.  (Maybe?)

If the league won't let us use the Gjallarhorn or the drums, I think I know what our players' TD celebration will be...