Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chip Kelly to UCLA

College ranks is where this guy belongs...was hoping Florida would look at him...

They just hired a failed NFL guy to replace their former failed NFL guy. 

But the new failed NFL guy was a pretty successful college guy. I don't think you can say that about the old failed NFL guy.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
College ranks is where this guy belongs...was hoping Florida would look at him...
I heard Florida had a deal in place with Kelly with one out: if the UCLA job came through he could take that one. Otherwise, he would be UF's coach.

Weird choice. Between UCLA and Florida, the PAC12 is not exactly the hotbed of college ball anymore. Add to that the very real financial benefits of living/working in FL vs. CA. Seems like a guy who didn't want to really compete for national championships.

He built a good program in Oregon recruiting kids out of SoCal...he'll have a chance again...but considering taxes and conferences, I'd go with the SEC school...

I love me some SEC college ball. But in the case of Chip, I'm wondering if this came down to red, bible-belt land vs West coast???

You never know what their balance sheets are and there is some great athletes out west too. 

edit: my apologies for a sensitive topics twist lol! 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I love me some SEC college ball. But in the case of Chip, I'm wondering if this came down to red, bible-belt land vs West coast???

You never know what their balance sheets are and there is some great athletes out west too. 

edit: my apologies for a sensitive topics twist lol! 
That is a legitimate factor as well. I figured he would take a year off and go back to the college ranks. Man he got paid a lot to suck it up though.

Gainseville vs So Cal?  The man has money, it’s a no brainer