Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rhodes Closed 2.0?
http://www.espn.com/blog/minnesota-vikin...-heres-why

Definitely still a work in progress, but he's got all the ability in the world...once he gets his confidence level up, QBs will find all Rhodes closed...

Peters is a gambler and will likely always have better fantasy stats... but winning football games on defense isnt a fantasy for the Vikings.  Waynes is getting coached up as part of a great scheme that emphasizes sacrificing personal glory for the unit.  I dont know that Peters would have  been the guy to do that considering his back ground in college.

Damn happy for Traes emergence this year. 

Bears repeating, if Zim wanted Peters, he'd be in Purple...Anyone who watched Rhodes develop under Zim had to know it would be a process and it would take time for Trae...it's starting to payoff...

It was a process with Rhodes ... but I have to admit I had more confidence in Rhodes becoming elite throughout the process than I do with Waynes.  

I think Zim will cut ties when he sees a halt in his development and a better option comes abailable.  Until then, I have faith in Zimmer. 

Quote: @"A1Janitor" said:
It was a process with Rhodes ... but I have to admit I had more confidence in Rhodes becoming elite throughout the process than I do with Waynes.  

I think Zim will cut ties when he sees a halt in his development and a better option comes abailable.  Until then, I have faith in Zimmer. 
In some ways I am in this camp as well...

I dont think Waynes ceiling is as high as XR's. But he's more than serviceable and I've pivoted over time to rooting for him to succeed as a Viking more than I still lament Zimmer passing on Peters. 

His biggest growth seems to be on tackling in the running game and not being as handsie.

Hope his improvement continues. 

KC's pass defense and total defense in yards in ranked 28th.  The secondary has been getting torched but we know it begins with a pass rush etc.  That said Peters has not been playing well either. 

Might be why they just signed Revis.

I am happy with Waynes playing within the system on a Top defense.