Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time To Put The Kitties Down
Win today and they're 3 games out with 5 games left on the schedule...a legit, deep run into the playoffs team snufs the life out of any hopes the Lions have for a division title...we should be able to drop a deuce in the running game on the Lions with Ngata out...Zim will game plan Stafford into submission...3 straight losses to Detroit for the first time since 90-91 is unacceptable...make it 4 and there will be all sorts of doubts brought up to the forefront...absolutely critical to win today (thanks Captain Obvious) and go into the mini bye and get ready to snuf out two more teams with playoff hopes...

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/1...nksgiving/

Wins are always important, but the Vikings could fade a loss here. I guess it depends what we are looking for as fans: a #2 seed in the NFC? Division winner? Or just get into the playoffs? At 8-2, its almost a 96% chance Minnesota makes the playoffs. 

I'd obviously like the wins to keep coming and my personal hopes are for a home playoff game. But I know they won't run the table on these final 6 games. 

Deep. Playoff. Run.

Deep.

Highly un-scientific but look at the rankings both offensive and defensively for our upcoming opponents and you get a feel for how probable it might be to get a win or not. Of course there are hundreds of variables that could affect this but our rankings are not an outlier. We have earned those rankings and they shouldn't be discounted.

Defense Rank Offense Rank Combined Rankings Diff Win Prob
Vikings 5 5 10 Their Comb Rank-Vikes Comb Rank Diff >10=Probably
Lions 23 16 39 29 Probably
Falcons 10 10 20 10 Unlikely
Panthers 2 17 19 9 Unlikely
Bengals 12 32 44 34 Probably
Packers 18 23 41 31 Probably
Bears 11 26 37 27 Probably