Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lions sign Dwight Freeney

wasn't he just with the seahawks?

Quote: @"greediron" said:
wasn't he just with the seahawks?
Yep, released yesterday I believe.

Well, since we don't have Welcome Matt Kalil at left tackle anymore, and Norvell calling slow developing plays, I don't give a fuck who the Lions sign Smile

My guess is Ansah might not be available tomorrow...

Strange they just signed him, was playing good & they seemed happy, had another sack Mon night

" Seahawks defensive coordinator Kris Richard praised Freeney last week for the impact he had made on the field and also said his presence has helped Seattle's other defensive linemen.

Quote: @"Maple Surple" said:
Strange they just signed him, was playing good & they seemed happy, had another sack Mon night

" Seahawks defensive coordinator Kris Richard praised Freeney last week for the impact he had made on the field and also said his presence has helped Seattle's other defensive linemen.
Sounds like a good reason to cut him.  :/

Something smell fishy in Seattle.    Doubt Freeny plays tomorrow.  That is pretty quick turn around.

Seattle is in a weird funk.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Well, since we don't have Welcome Matt Kalil at left tackle anymore, and Norvell calling slow developing plays, I don't give a fuck who the Lions sign Smile

My guess is Ansah might not be available tomorrow...
exactly, maybe Ansah out even longer?

Pete Carroll on waiving Dwight Freeney: "We hated to do it but we had to do something and that's what happened."

He later said "cap concerns" played into the decision.

Quote: @"Maple Surple" said:
Pete Carroll on waiving Dwight Freeney: "We hated to do it but we had to do something and that's what happened."

He later said "cap concerns" played into the decision.
Wow, what a quote.  Almost as good as “I’ll have to look at the film.”