Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeebus some guys are just stoopid, not to mention asz-clowns...
Franken and Moore the latest...

Wow, keep it in your pants & have some respect for women while you're at it. 

dont forget Gene Simmons!  you gotta be pretty fucked up to be a conservative and get banned from Fox's facilities.

on a different note.... but staying with the stupid ass clown theme.... how retarded does a criminal have to be to pick Ted Nugents house to rob?  seriously who in this country doesnt know that he is the poster child for promoting personal defense and self reliance?  they may have not gotten caught yet... but rest assured Uncle Gonzo is on the hunt.

is this still OT?????

Jamis Winston faces allegations from an incident last year now.

Jameis Winston feeling up an Uber driver...after needing to clear his name previously...

..."you can't fix stupid".

These sexual harassment / assault cases are epidemic. Less so a current epidemic than one that always was and we're just now finding out how bad it's been. Just shows a ridiculous level of arrogance and disrespect for women. But I would like to add that this can be really blurry sometimes.

Case in point, 20 years ago I managed a team of several graphic designers. These were entry-level designers, so inevitably many of them were young, beautiful women right out of college. I managed them, but I also socialized with them. One night after a company softball game, several of us went out for post-game beers. One of my designers complained to me that another had sexually harassed her. I asked her for details and she said he "creeped her out." I asked her for examples and she said "well, he's always telling me that he likes my outfit or whatever." I responded by saying that I, too, had occasionally complimented her on such things. She said "well....you're not creepy." I laughed it off. 

Couple weeks go by and I'm called into my boss' office and scolded for not reporting this. I was wrong for not reporting it and letting HR sort it out; however, I don't think anyone should be held accountable for just being "creepy." 

it is epidemic because no one has any sense or baseline for decency anymore.  After years of anything goes sexually, we have lost morality.  And if you want to dig down, that is what this is about.  Being creeped out isn't harassment if it is okay if the person isn't creepy.  That is just messed up. 

A huge part of the problem is that many women do not feel safe enough to report it. Some will get second guessed by people they tell. Some will hear things like what did you do to provoke his actions. The age old myths of what were you wearing, were you flirting, even did you reject him or tell him no. That oh she's just playing hard to get mentality. Were you drinking and so on. These are deeply ingrained. She may feel dismissed or ignored for speaking out. Now the floodgates have opened. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
A huge part of the problem is that many women do not feel safe enough to report it. Some will get second guessed by people they tell. Some will hear things like what did you do to provoke his actions. The age old myths of what were you wearing, were you flirting, even did you reject him or tell him no. That oh she's just playing hard to get mentality. Were you drinking and so on. These are deeply ingrained. She may feel dismissed or ignored for speaking out. Now the floodgates have opened. 
Gonna call BS on part of that.  Now to be clear, no one deserves harassment or rape or unwelcomed advances.  But flirting is basically welcomed harassment.  The only difference between harassment and flirting is as the girl in MBs workplace put it, one wasn't creepy.  She welcomed his compliments but found the "creepy" guy's to be harassment.

Now of course there is so much gray.  If it is made clear that it is unwelcomed, then continued advances (that is what both are) would constitute harassment. 

Quote: @greediron said:
@Vikergirl said:
Gonna call BS on part of that.  Now to be clear, no one deserves harassment or rape or unwelcomed advances.  But flirting is basically welcomed harassment.  The only difference between harassment and flirting is as the girl in MBs workplace put it, one wasn't creepy.  She welcomed his compliments but found the "creepy" guy's to be harassment.

Now of course there is so much gray.  If it is made clear that it is unwelcomed, then continued advances (that is what both are) would constitute harassment. 
I will clarify. The friendly perceived as flirty line is more in line with what I was thinking of. She is friendly but one particular individual may think she is flirting with him. So it's perhaps a misperception of intent that he fixates on. They are not on the same page and this is where it can become problematic.