Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Y'all realize something special is about to take the field in Mankato, right?
I'm going on record, Dalvin Cook is going to be the most impactful electrifying offensive player we've had since Moss.

Get ready...

pf, do you think Cook will have more impact than AP?

I have that feeling as well. We really need to thank our lucky stars for this one. Like Moss in '98 and Peterson in '07, the factors that allowed them to drop seem a little overblown.

Like I've said before, it's like we got Bradford for free. Because Cook was worthy of that 14th pick all day long. Now, is it possible that Cook's character issues come back on us? Of course. But Cook has that Mossy feeling in my mind. A kid with a good heart, who just needs to grow up a little. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I'm going on record, Dalvin Cook is going to be the most impactful offensive player we've had since Moss.

Get ready...
I liken his impact to Chuck Foreman...too many similarities... Team coming off a .500 season...one sided offense...deadly either running the ball or receiving... Bit of a fumbling issue...

Fingers crossed, PF. His video plays like a faster player than he was timed at. He had some fumbles in college. His hands are decent, yet he dropped some passes. But lots of hype about the kid and kudos around the league on his selection.

Quote: @"MagnusEugeneHefeweizen" said:
No, cant declare that with conviction...Probably a poor articulation vs intent in my OP.

How about the "most electrifying" since Moss? Yah, that's closer to what I meant Smile

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@"MagnusEugeneHefeweizen" said:
No, cant declare that with conviction...Probably a poor articulation vs intent in my OP.

How about the "most electrifying" since Moss? Yah, that's closer to what I meant Smile

as far as opening up an offense,  I think its possible that he will have a bigger impact on how the entire offense operates than AD did.  Not taking away from AD,  but I think after the league figured out how the Vikings were able to use him his impact on opposing defenses lessened.  He was still great from time to time, but he wasnt nearly as dominating.  ( 2012 was something special,  but even by then teams were figuring him out... they just couldnt stop him.)

Quote: @"MagnusEugeneHefeweizen" said:
I do believe this

I think we have a piece in Cook that can be one of the most dangerous people with the ball in his hands but he wont be asked to do as much as we asked Peterson to do.
Cook will be an added weapon that you can use in that way and can help the offense in a way Peterson really didn't. Peterson was a bell cow pure rusher. I think Cook is a good Moss comparison when it comes to how he will be used in this offense.
Everyone knew Peterson was getting the ball. Cook I think can add a much more dynamic to the offense all around.

Quote: @Canthony said:
I think we have a piece in Cook that can be one of the most dangerous people with the ball in his hands but he wont be asked to do as much as we asked Peterson to do.
Cook will be an added weapon that you can use in that way and can help the offense in a way Peterson really didn't. Peterson was a bell cow pure rusher. I think Cook is a good Moss comparison when it comes to how he will be used in this offense.
Everyone knew Peterson was getting the ball. Cook I think can add a much more dynamic to the offense all around.
I actually see Moss better compared to AD in that they really werent asked to do that much early on,  its just that they were so good at the 1 thing they did that they were really special players.  Now Cook, if we are to believe the hype, has the chance to really set the bar up higher.  Cook has the potential to fill those crys that we heard about AD for a complete RB,  not just a ball carrier, but a pass blocker, and a receiver on dump offs, as well as the deeper routes...but time will tell.  He has to earn his PT first.