Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chicago's July 4th weekend sees 64 shot, 8 of them killed
All I can say is Jesucristo...

And no, this is not a  tricky, slight of hand for gun control. I don't think you can control em anymore. 

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/05/chi...illed.html

Actually the number I saw was over 100 shot.  

I think this is yet another glaring example of how stringent gun laws are a failed policy.   Although I think the shootings are not the problem,   they are a result of the systemic poverty cause by our failed social programs as well as a general lack of education.  There will be no easy answer but more handouts is not one of them.

To many men sowing their oats with no sense of obligation to the offspring that happens. No fathers in many kids lives also give no discipline needed, and maybe the love these kids are lacking.

Very sad.

Quote: @"Purplemachine" said:
To many men sowing their oats with no sense of obligation to the offspring that happens. No fathers in many kids lives also give no discipline needed, and maybe the love these kids are lacking.

Very sad.
ditto this is a huge issue and is at the core of generational poverty.

Quote: @"Purplemachine" said:

Very sad.
And women not responsible enough to prevent the pregnancies on their end.  Birth control pills and other contraceptives are free for the taking if they would just use them.  With planned parenthood making these things free this can't be blamed on poverty...just sheer lazyness or worse having kids for more govt freebies.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
All I can say is Jesucristo...

And no, this is not a  tricky, slight of hand for gun control. I don't think you can control em anymore. 

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/05/chi...illed.html
Thank God it's a gun free zone.....

But, muh gun control.

Honestly, you've got to have a serious screw loose to think that "gun control" actually does anything.

Quote: @"C.M. Funk" said:
But, muh gun control.

Honestly, you've got to have a serious screw loose to think that "gun control" actually does anything.

Gun Control is a pretty broad topic by definition.  I mean requiring hunter safety courses for kids is a form of gun control and yes that actually does benefit people.  There are likely plenty of other forms of "gun control" over the ages that has had beneficial results.  

My daughter is in Chicago... went there on the 5th be back on Sunday.  I read that 100 shot headline and about 2 hours later she tells me where she's going.... 

whats a few more grays.... 

Quote: @"Bezerker88" said:
My daughter is in Chicago... went there on the 5th be back on Sunday.  I read that 100 shot headline and about 2 hours later she tells me where she's going.... 

whats a few more grays.... 
It's a big town,  I am sure that Zilla can handle the big windy and be fine.  Tell her to get a slice of giordanos for me.  (And try the spinach artichoke dip but take It to go and eat it with garden salsa sun chips....trust me)