Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So when do the NFL networks start flexing games?
The 7-2 Rams visiting the 7-2 Vikings just stinks of flex potential. 

Oh God, I hate when they do that. 

Looks like it starts in week 10. 5 so...giddyup...

NFL Flexible Scheduling - National Football League
www.nfl.com/flexible-schedules[url=https://www.bing.com/search?q=nfl+flex+schedule+2017&src=IE-SearchBox&FORM=IESR3N#][/url]Allows teams to play their way onto the Sunday night schedule. In 2006 the NFL implemented a primetime "flexible scheduling" element on Sundays in Weeks 10-15 and in Week 17. In 2014 that was extended so that games between Weeks 5 and 17 could be affected by flex scheduling.

Please, not a night game...

I could see us getting flexed to 3:00 CST instead of noon. 

The NFL has to notify they have flexed a game 12 days in advance. Week 17 they can flex 6 days in advance to ensure the game they feature has meaning. So the game this upcoming weekend is locked for a 12pm CT kickoff. 

I wish they would flex our Thanksgiving day game to Sunday noon :p

Somebody looked at the possibility of Vikings games getting flexed on a game-by-game basis and looked at each of the competing games.  It did not look very likely that any Vikings games would get flexed.

I guess FOX actually used one of their protections on this game, so it never was even considered as a FLEX possibility. 

Ultimately, if the Vikings do continue to play well there are some potential flex opportunities. 

1.) Week 13 @ Atlanta. Its unlikely this would be moved to SNF but it is very possible it could be pushed back to a 3:25CT start. The Falcons could end up making a run for the playoffs and the Vikings would be a good foe to showcase. Fox has double-header rights and right now their game of the week is Giants @ Raiders (gross). The game the Vikings would potentially be competing against is Panthers @ Saints which has just as many implications and is a divisional match-up. Ultimately, I'd be surprised if FOX didn't make a change. 

2.) Week 14 @ Carolina. This could be the Vikings chance to play in SNF. There is a possibility CBS has protected the game, but there may be some behind the scenes brokering here. Right now the SNF game is Baltimore @ Pitt. Good rivalry, but not a prime time match up if the Ravens continue to flounder around .500. My guess is that NBC will be looking at replacements and MN @ CAR will have obvious NFC implications. Philadelphia @ LA would also be a huge draw as well but is likely protected. Also, a hesitancy on NBC's part would be that playing the Eagles would maximize their prime time exposure. Teams can only be on NBC a maximum of 4 times per season. 

(note on the brokering: right now the week 15 NE @ PIT game is protected by CBS. They could offer Ravens @ Steelers in week 14 for CBS to waive their protection rights to the juicier game) 

3.) Week 17 vs. Bears. Unlikely that this game would have win and in implications for the Vikings, so SNF is out. But if the Vikings result makes or breaks another teams season (Lions or Packers) the game will likely get bumped to 3:25 to be showcased nationally in unison with the other game.  

Great, the 2 games I am considering going to...

Too bad The Bengals are 3/6...

Trap game