Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heavyweight Bout Coming Up
Ali vs Frazier this Sunday baby. 

Rams vs Vikings

Someone better hit Goff early and often.
hes had it WAAAY too easy this year

Hopefully Griffen can make it back next week, we will need more pressure on the QB than we got today.

I am so looking forward to it. The crowd is going to be amped up.

if there was a game that should be flexed this year...

This is going to be an intense game. So many great matchups going on, with the potential of the winner to separate from the pack (Rams and Saints face off later this year). I believe the next two games will determine this season as two wins would make us 9-2 with tie breakers all over the place, strong control of the division and 10 days to put the nail in last years NFC representative the Falcons (who Zim kinda owns). But back to the matchups:
Zim vs McVay, hot young offense versus the crusty old defensive guru. While Goff has played well, and seen some things, he’s hasn’t seen this defense yet playing at home in the loudest stadium in football
Their weapons matchup well with ours:
Watkins vs Rhodes, big strong #1 vs big strong #1 
Austin vs Waynes, speed speed speed not always consistent performance. Both getting better 
Whitworth vs Griffen, two All Pros going at it 
Joseph vs Sullivan, Big Man vs Little Man 
Woods vs Newman, crafty play 
Gurley vs Barr and Kendricks, a premier RB vs a premier LB group
The only name missing from all of this is Harry, who I believe will be the difference for us. His ability to confuse, mask, and dominate will help stifle Gurley, confuse Goff and be a huge difference maker
On the other side of the ball you have 
The Rookie facing off versus Donald, big test for the young kid 
Trumaine covering Stefon, 2 top 10s at their position 
Barron and Rudy, one is a big lumberjack, the other brings the lumber 
Reiff vs Quinn, another underrated matchup of Pro Bowl talents
The difference on this side, who is going to cover AT19 and which 3rd WR can make a difference (Treadwell and Floyd have great size over Joyner)
The ST nod goes to LA as they have the best duo in the business. 
This game is more exciting than a matchup vs the Saints, Lions, Cowboys, or even Falcons
Vikings 31 
Rams 23

The Rams like to talk on defense....its going to be a good one. Slap them in the mouth right out of the gate. Bring the noise. Crowd should be amped up. This should be the national game of the week on Fox.

Stop Gurley. Hit him so hard, Lawrence McCutheon feels it.
Run on the Rams. They are, IIRC, 26th vs the run.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Stop Gurley. Hit him so hard, Lawrence McCutheon feels it.
Run on the Rams. They are, IIRC, 26th vs the run.
Running and screens are going to be key. It neutralizes their pass rush and keeps their offense off the field. A big combo game of Jet and Latavius (running/receiving) would really tilt the game in our favor. 

on D, I think its Run Blitz all day until they beat it. Stop the run, and when they dont run, rattle Goff We have the secondary to keep their O in check, front 7/8 can dictate this game

This is the type of game I wish we still had Dalvin...A difference maker. OTOH, Diggs and Theilen have been amazing to-date. 

Homefield, bye week stuff at stake. 

Detroit game will be just as big. Not happy we're hosting Thanksgiving at our place. I want to be in a room alone with a bottle of Jack watching that one.