Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Teddy Bridgewater prepared himself for this day and this offense...
How Vikings quarterback Teddy Bridgewater prepared himself for this day and this offense while stuck in rehabIn the weeks and months following his calamitous knee injury, as Teddy Bridgewater was confined to the drudgery of rehab, he was kept from the football field he’d come to regard as his sanctuary.
“It’s always hard when the guys are going to work and you have to go in the opposite direction,” he said. “It’s like when all the kids are going to PE and you have to go to detention or something like that.”
So Bridgewater did the only thing he could do: He studied.
http://www.startribune.com/how-vikings-q...456916453/

Not going to lie, I want to see him play.  But if Case can keep us winning I am good with that.

Quote: @SDCAVIKESFAN said:
Not going to lie, I want to see him play.  But if Case can keep us winning I am good with that.

Nice article, thanks for the post, PF.  Interesting quotes from Teddy, Thielen, and Wright about the differences between Turner's offense and Shurmer's.

The Vikings are running
more of the quick-hitting passes that Bridgewater thrived on in 2014.
And if Bridgewater, who was pressured more than any QB in the league in
2015, were to take the field this season, he’d play in an offense that’s
given up just 10 sacks.

“It’s just
two different systems. Two different coordinators,” Bridgewater said.
“But the thing is, this offense allows guys to make plays. [The]
previous offense, I think, it was a more down-the-field offense. This
offense is a mix of both. I’m excited to be a part of it. I can’t wait.”

I don't think anyone will argue that Shurmur's offense fits this team so much better and is more productive in the passing game. I'm sure Teddy would perform well in it, also. I think he's chomping at the bit to prove so.

perhaps this article is hitting on why Norv left last season.  Norvs offense is Norvs offense and it doesnt do well with a shitty OL,  perhaps the pressure to use more of Shurmurs quick hitter, call the play at the line, approach was more than ol Norv could bear.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
perhaps this article is hitting on why Norv left last season.  Norvs offense is Norvs offense and it doesnt do well with a shitty OL,  perhaps the pressure to use more of Shurmurs quick hitter, call the play at the line, approach was more than ol Norv could bear.
S hit show last year...

Mash Unit
OC quits and so we end-up executing some hybrid/frankenstein of a system
Poor Bradford thrown into it with no warning
AP issues (again)

Amazing they went 8/8 and almost as hard on a fan as 4/12...