Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thanks to all the Veterans!!
Without your service we would not be able to enjoy the freedom we have today in this country.

Indeed.

My dad and bro both Marines...Semper Fi

My FIL was Navy (rest his soul). Landed troops on the beach in the Pacific Theatre WW2.

My Uncle in Air Reserves Vietnam. Both of my Nephews in Air force today. One in KJU's sites on Okinawa and the other in Kansas, ready to send a missile up KJU's behind if he gets too cute.

Many thanks, much gratitude to all who served yesterday and today.

[Image: 2jmt17rmjp1z.jpeg]

[Image: pineapple-newspaper-nov-2015-vetday-1.jpg]

You're welcome

I think I can be presumptuous and speak for all the other veterans, and also so you all know it doesn't go unnoticed.

My Father was a Korean War Veteran.  My Brother and I are Army Veterans.  My Nephew is a Marine Veteran.  My Son is a Army Veteran.  My Niece is still active duty in the Army.  Happy Veterans Day to all of those who served.  Thank you and God bless.

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
Indeed.

My dad and bro both Marines...Semper Fi
Ditto sir. 

My dad was in Korea, my father in law at Omaha Beach. I never really got much farther than Great Lakes Naval Station. Hats off to those who understand what REAL patriotism is. My father in law, an Italian immigrant who fought in Normandy LOVED the following passage from the foot of the Statue of Liberty...

"Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
MOTHER OF EXILES. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

As a Veteran i can tell you we truly appreciate those taking notice of those who have served and continue to serve our country.   Serving in the the armed forces is truly one of the, if not the greatest thing you can do for your country and it was my pleasure to have done so.  So to all the veterans out there thank you for your service.  To those currently active thank you and may you always make it home safe and sound from whatever it is that our country calls on you to do.