Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Danielle Hunter: The New Face of the Franchise

seems rather premature,  he has started all of 1 game.  Maybe if his production meets expectations he will be in the running, but its really hard to put him in the conversation at the moment IMO. I am guessing that less than a quarter of the Vikings fans would recognize his face, let alone fans of other teams.

Yeah, the author definitely took a different approach...but, give him a 20 sack season, NFL Defensive Player of the Year, and a Super Bowl MVP, he'll get there...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Yeah, the author definitely took a different approach...but, give him a 20 sack season, NFL Defensive Player or the Year, and a Super Bowl MVP, he'll get there...

why only 20?  you expecting him to get hurt or something?

I didn't want to look like a homer.

This does beg the question as to who the face of the franchise will be with Peterson gone?  Be nice if a QB could play the role. Been too long since that's happened. 

Zimmer? Maybe, probably is the guy for now. 

Cook? Yah, I could see that too. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
This does beg the question as to who the face of the franchise will be with Peterson gone?  Be nice if a QB could play the role. Been too long since that's happened. 

Why does the franchise need a face?  Zim does the talking on the important stuff and we have plenty of players that can do sound bites so I say we are fine without that main persona.

I think it's Bradford. With a training camp, a running game, a bit more protection, and a little more time with his receivers, Bradford is going to remind everyone why he was a #1 overall pick. So many writers call him an "average" QB, not taking into consideration the chaos he's been placed into so many times. I remember watching him in 2013 when he finally got some continuity. And, yes, he was hurt AGAIN that year, and played only 7 games, but for those 7 games in 2013 there wasn't a QB in the NFL playing better. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:

Why does the franchise need a face?  Zim does the talking on the important stuff and we have plenty of players that can do sound bites so I say we are fine without that main persona.
You want the franchise to be a Face Less Man?

Shame...shame...shame...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:

You want the franchise to be a Face Less Man?

Shame...shame...shame...
What have you got against the handicapped getting the spotlight? :p