Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom Johnson Moves To Offense
http://www.twincities.com/2017/11/10/vik...-officers/

Kudos to him for holding these guys accountable...

At first I was thinking what position is he going to play lol. I remember when this went down and watching the video. I will definitely keep an eye on this to see how it plays out. 

Interesting. $50,000 in legal fees that 99.9% of Americans would never be able to afford, and so their guilt would just be assumed. 

Johnson took the criminal case to trial in June 2015. After five days of testimony and 15 minutes of deliberation, a Hennepin County jury acquitted him of both charges. He spent $50,000 in legal fees to clear his name. But Johnson, a stout run stopper and productive pass rusher for one of the NFL’s best defenses, wants to hold the officers and the city accountable for what happened more than three years ago. He is seeking more than $75,000 in damages but insists this case is about more than money. “People with that much authority and responsibility, you can’t misuse it,” Johnson told the Pioneer Press. “They at least should have some consequences for their actions.”

There are 3 sides to the story Johnsons, the cops, and the truth. But the aspect that sticks out to me is they pepper sprayed him inside then pushed him outside while he was waiting for his car. Then he is putside for 5 minutes and is arrested. Why and what  for at that point? Did he even know he was being arrested? The cop admitting to knocking his phone out of hus hands. Why did he escalate the situation? If I had to guess his partner he also hit with pepper spray wanted more retribution because he was hit with the pepper spray. 

I don't understand how cops are so good at escalating situations and so bad at diffusing situations. Why would a fancy place with a dress code make guests wait outside for valet?

Quote: @matt4787 said:
I don't understand how cops are so good at escalating situations and so bad at diffusing situations. Why would a fancy place with a dress code make guests wait outside for valet?
I think we can apply Okkam's razor here and come damn close to the truth.  They're good at escalating situations and not at diffusing situations because they want situations escalated.

These cops need to pay if this is true.

I've been in these situations before and i use to work extra jobs at clubs. I'm not saying Tom or the officers are wrong but i will say that at closing time things get tense and that is the worse time of the night.
I kinda have a feeling as to how all this went down. Why? 
Been there, done that.
All i can sah is that most officers that i knew and know would rather de-escalate this situation rather than escalate it with someone as big as Tom.
I don't know what the state laws in Minnesota are on alcohol but in Texas when the bars close at 2 am everyone needs to leave and be out of the bar.
The way i always look at these incidents is that i wasn't there.
So no comment either way.

Quote: @96POPS said:
I've been in these situations before and i use to work extra jobs at clubs. I'm not saying Tom or the officers are wrong but i will say that at closing time things get tense and that is the worse time of the night.
I kinda have a feeling as to how all this went down. Why? 
Been there, done that.
All i can sah is that most officers that i knew and know would rather de-escalate this situation rather than escalate it with someone as big as Tom.
I don't know what the state laws in Minnesota are on alcohol but in Texas when the bars close at 2 am everyone needs to leave and be out of the bar.
The way i always look at these incidents is that i wasn't there.
So no comment either way.
I have never seen anything good happen at closing time, ever.  

If you got lucky or were on a date you would have left a long time ago.  

Not saying anything about this particular incident but seriously a argument/fight at closing time, who knew Smile