Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And the strongest grip ever fumbles it on the first carry
so glad this is over for us

And was just tackled in the endzone for a safety.  Cards tried running him right up the middle from the 1 yard line.

Yeah just glad the tease is over for us.  Teases with great performances and then just folds and gives games away.

It's crazy to me how quick people are to bash a guy who carried this team for almost a decade because he had a few flaws in his game.

Quote: @KingBash said:
It's crazy to me how quick people are to bash a guy who carried this team for almost a decade because he had a few flaws in his game.
I hear yah...Not his fault they never put much around him, especially @ QB. Some of those defenses were putrid too. Dark days as a Viking fan sans a season here or there.

That said, he struck me as a selfish player towards the end of his MN tenure. Ungrateful too. 

Beyond that, my comments on him as a person, as a parent I'll just keep to myself lol.

If you want to call 3 years quick, then that's up to you, but I haven't wanted him on the team since he was suspended, and it didn't even have to do with the child abuse.  It made me sick to see him act like the victim and then see the Vikings cave in and give him a raise AFTER he was suspended for the year. And 2015 was when I really started noticing how badly the limitations in his game were holding back the team.  It was obvious by then he was all about Adrian and not the Vikings, and I was calling for the Vikings to move on and to build the offense around Teddy early that season.

A fumble and 29 yards on 21 carries. Obviously a step slower. He's certainly not garbage but he's an old RB with fading skills that was once one of the top 5 RBs in NFL history. He limits an offense in today's NFL because they know what's coming most times. 

I guess what gets me is the sports media on Twitter wants to crown him....they did last week but nothing but crickets last night. Typical. Larry Fitzgerald the first good game Peterson has a few weeks back says 'we can win the Superbowl with this guy'. (eye roll). Nobody does hyperbole like players. 

This isn't bashing, imo.  

His current abilities at his age are showing though that an old running back, no matter how physically fit he is or how great his career has been, isn't worth more money than a young pair of legs ... especially a young pair than can block and catch.  

You could see over the last few years some holes that AP didn't hit.  Process time from brain to action slows for even a split second and productions slides. 

My gripe with AP was his fumble issues. Few of them games his fumbles really hurt us.
Hope he has a decent season with the Cards.

Maybe I'm weird, but anyone who can bloody a 4 year old can go fuck themselves and the camel they rode in on...