Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goodbye Sam, thanks for the memories
It was one fabulous game this year and a year of temporary salvaged hope last year.  Not worth the pick in hindsight, but at least the temporary hope was salve to the enormous wound of losing Teddy.

Wish him well.  Seems like a decent guy, but glad we didn't break the bank for him.

The Vikings would have been an elite team with a healthy Bradford this year. Zero doubt in my mind. Maybe special.

Have to hope now that Keenum/Bridgewater can guide the team to the playoffs and maybe catch fire then. I'm skeptical that can happen with this upcoming schedule, but one game at a time. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
The Vikings would have been an elite team with a healthy Bradford this year. Zero doubt in my mind. Maybe special.

Have to hope now that Keenum/Bridgewater can guide the team to the playoffs and maybe catch fire then. I'm skeptical that can happen with this upcoming schedule, but one game at a time. 

Throw in Cook with that and they would have gone a long ways....

Yeah, it sucks.  It sucks for Sam, and it sucks for the Vikings.  We traded for Sam for a 1st and a 4th and he played fairly well during an overall crappy season last year.  Turns out it was a poor trade, and Philly looks great for making the deal.  At the time, I thought it was a solid decision to grab him.

We're 6-2 now, so we'll see how this plays out in Nov and Dec.

I am glad we didn't sign him either. My biggest fear was that we would sign him long term and that his knee would be a major issue. Well, we dodged a bullet there.

Quote: @HappyViking said:
Yeah, it sucks.  It sucks for Sam, and it sucks for the Vikings.  We traded for Sam for a 1st and a 4th and he played fairly well during an overall crappy season last year.  Turns out it was a poor trade, and Philly looks great for making the deal.  At the time, I thought it was a solid decision to grab him.

We're 6-2 now, so we'll see how this plays out in Nov and Dec.
Sucks is right.  At the time I was very excited about the trade.  As I said it brought back hope to a very dismal looking season.  But yes, in hindsight, Philly looks like geniuses. 

Wish we had him healthy this year.  Based on game one, it looked like our offense was going to light it up.

I feel bad for Sammy...seems like a good guy and played well for us under very adverse conditions in 2016.
But when you see millions of dollars shelled out for players with injury histories, Sammy's example is not alone.  Sometimes you win, sometimes...

I feel bad for Sam and I wish him all the best. You win some, you lose some. It helped insert some energy into the season. He did what he could last year. It's truly a bummer but at least there was no long term extension. 

I would love to see Sam be able to come back healthy,  but at the same time.... I would rather see him being able to walk around in 20 years so I hope he gets his knee fixed and then takes some time to evaluate his future.

The real pisser to the whole story would be if the Vikings loose to the Eagles in the NFC title game.