Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Evans losing his mind

Holy shit...that should be several games and a big fine...but with this commissioner,  he'll get a stern talking to... 

What led up to that?  

Lattimore suggested Evans had an unusually close relationship with his mother...

I can't say this strong enough, this is exactly why "player safety" is a joke. If the league truly cared, he would be suspended indefinitely. This was a cowardly and dangerous act that could have lead to a serious injury.

Evans is such a punk.

I think if a player pulled a shank out of his sock and stabbed a guy, there'd be no suspension and an arguement over whether or not a 15 yard penalty was even enforcable...

Edit, unless it was Sendejo. He's on the list.

Quote: @BlackMagic7 said:
I think if a player pulled a shank out of his sock and stabbed a guy, there'd be no suspension and an arguement over whether or not a 15 yard penalty was even enforcable...

Technically, I don't think there are any rules against stabbing. The real question is whether the knife would be a uniform violation or celebration with a prop.

Suh's choke comes to mind. Burfict's extra sauce at the end of plays. Steve Smith....

Id think id like to see the commish's exempt list be utilized for some of the buuuuulllshit that gets excused week in and out.

Its always excused as men doing things men do with all that testosterone flowing. The "violence of the game," play in and out mind you, is pulled out of context to justify fighting. It's simply workplace violence. With the NFL focusing on getting domestic abuse policy "right," some of the shit players get away with ON THE FIELD should raise a big red flag. They dont need to protect the ingegrity of their game; they dont need to protect advertising dollars that are already paid. That shit probably makes must see TV.

Its extra frustrating/annoying/stupid when guys like Sendejo get suspended for hitting someone wrong in the middle of play.

Quote: @Max said:
@BlackMagic7 said:

Technically, I don't think there are any rules against stabbing. The real question is whether the knife would be a uniform violation or celebration with a prop.
Lol, the ol' prop rule... the league pockets 8k and calls it square.

On second read, did you lift that from the Gregg Williams autobiography?! 

"We had 15 grand in the pot when coach Williams came up and said, 'i love it, but prop rule boys.'"