Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hope Rick Was At This Game
Mason Rudolph - QB - Cowboys

Oklahoma State senior QB Mason Rudolph completed 28-of-54 passes for 448 yards with five touchdowns and two interceptions in a 62-52 loss to Oklahoma on Saturday.

Rudolph's completion percentage isn't great, but it isn't indicative of how well he and the Cowboys offense played on Saturday. With Oklahoma seemingly unstoppable on offense tonight, it put a lot of pressure on the Cowboys to score, and they scored. A lot. He found Tyrell Johnson and Marcell Ateman twice for scores, and he found his favorite target James Washington for a touchdown strike as well. One of his interceptions was a last second bomb that meant absolutely nothing. Rudolph should be able to keep the offense going -- and hopefully get some help from his defense -- next week against Iowa State.

Baker Mayfield - QB - Sooners

Oklahoma senior QB Baker Mayfield completed 24-of-36 passes for 598 yards with five touchdowns and two interceptions in a 62-52 victory over Oklahoma State on Saturday.

Wow. What a football game, assuming you don't mind a lack of defense from both sides. Mayfield was sensational again, and also added a rushing touchdown for good measure. His go-to receiver was Marquise Brown on this one, and he found him for two scores and 265 yards of receiving. He found three other receivers for scores in this one, and outside of a pick in the red zone that nearly cost the Sooners, he made the right decision and showed off his impressive ability to throw in the pocket or on the run. It's time to take Mayfield more seriously as a Heisman Trophy candidate, if you weren't already. Oklahoma has another big game next week against TCU.

I think Mason Rudolph is going to be a kid that keeps rising up the NFL GM's draft charts all Spring next year. Minnesota won't have a shot at him, IMO. Mayfield, who might be the better QB, is going to get dinged because of his height, fairly or not. I like that kid's game a ton. 

Yup, Mayfield will definitely get dinged for his size...but when I see this guy play he reminds me so much of guys like Rodgers and Stafford with their ability to move enough to extend the play and hurt you with his legs once all other options are gone...I like him where we are likely to be drafting...mid to late 20s...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Yup, Mayfield will definitely get dinged for his size...but when I see this guy play he reminds me so much of guys like Rodgers and Stafford with their ability to move enough to extend the play and hurt you with his legs once all other options are gone...I like him where we are likely to be drafting...mid to late 20s...
Are we trading up for him,  you don't think he will be available at 32?

I like them both for different reasons but I don't think either will be available when we pick. Rudolph is definitely gaining ground with his grit. He's tough. Mayfield definitely has stood out from the crowd. That was quite the game. 

Mayfield might measure closer to 6' than his listed 6'-1"...that'll hurt him...off field stuff will hurt him...we'll see how it all shakes out, but I think we are in the ~ sweet spot for where he'd land... 

I’m not sure if he was there to scout QB’s, but he had heard there was a ton of talent on the defensive side to look at.

I think Rick and Zim went to Johnny Football's pro day...

Yeah, we could really use a QB on this roster...  :p