Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Much for That 3 Year Investment In Brett Hundley
Report: Packers tried to sign Brian Hoyer

Posted by Michael David Smith on November 1, 2017, 12:16 PM

Brian Hoyer is back with the Patriots, but New England isn’t his only option.

The Packers tried to sign Hoyer before he agreed to go to New England, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.

Rapoport’s report calls into question Packers coach Mike McCarthy’s claim that the team was fully committed to Brett Hundley as the starter and Joe Callahan as the backup and didn’t need to bring in a veteran after Aaron Rodgers was hurt. McCarthy got angry when he was asked whether the Packers would consider Colin Kaepernick, and the Packers insisted that McCarthy wasn’t angry to be asked specifically about Kaepernick and would have reacted the same way if asked about any veteran quarterback.

And now we have a report that a veteran quarterback would have become a Packer, if the team had gotten its way. That suggests that the Packers aren’t quite as confident in Hundley as they’re letting on.

In a related story, fuck the packers...

Any bets on what #Vanguard83 thinks about this?  B)

Bwhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

I'm kind of surprised the NFL has not ordered some team to take one for the league and offer Kaepernick a contract. Even a vet minimum offer (which he might turn down) would deflate his claim of collusion against him. Maybe they are more afraid of Trump's ire.

Geragos said he expects Kap to be signed within 10 days.
Hilariously, even a request from the league for any team to sign Kaepernick would bolster his evidence of collusion. 

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
Any bets on what #Vanguard83 thinks about this?  B)
I would bet the under.

LOL....you guys rock!

ok...enough foreplay...

Nope...Still don't care

I was told this was in fact not true. 

^^^  No...it IS true....I Really DON'T care about Rodgers or the Packers.

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
I'm kind of surprised the NFL has not ordered some team to take one for the league and offer Kaepernick a contract. Even a vet minimum offer (which he might turn down) would deflate his claim of collusion against him. Maybe they are more afraid of Trump's ire.
If they did that, it would be the very definition of collusion. They might hope that some team makes an offer, but if it ever leaked that they asked someone to sign him, it would be seen as proof that they ARE colluding. The NFL's case for not being a monopoly is that they are not one company, but 32 companies working together in the same industry.