Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NPR tweets the Declaration of Independence, morons freak out
Hundreds of people didn't recognize the words and thought NPR was calling for revolution. One response: "So NPR is calling for revolution. Interesting way to condone violence, while sounding patriotic. Your implications are clear." 

Man, you can't make this stuff up. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/npr-...mg00000009

Lol!

Saddened? A bit yah. 

Surprised? Nope

When you live to be angry... you gotta find the fuel somewhere...

Not surprising from people that were yelling at reporters during the campaign that tRump would have them jailed after the election

Never underestimate how dumb the average American is. Or reactionary.

twitter is stupid

whats funny/sad about this... NPR has significantly more educated listeners than most news sources,  also is significantly more likely to be listened to by dems than repubs,  also people of higher income levels get their news from NPR over other sources.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
whats funny/sad about this... NPR has significantly more educated listeners than most news sources,  also is significantly more likely to be listened to by dems than repubs,  also people of higher income levels get their news from NPR over other sources.
Well...not that I wanted to make a big point of this, but if you read the responses at the link, the folks who got upset were by and large Trump supporters who thought that NPR was calling for his violent overthrow. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
Well...not that I wanted to make a big point of this, but if you read the responses at the link, the folks who got upset were by and large Trump supporters who thought that NPR was calling for his violent overthrow. 
i see that is what the story says they are, i didnt see how they determined that from some what I saw except one had "deplorable" in her handle.  not really sure how big of a story this actually was or if it was just a few drunks getting caught up in something.  I am betting that there were likely anti trump people that were not sure of what was going down as well,  but that wouldnt create clicks.

what kind of freak out?  Was it like they lost an election?... did they hold riots and throw hissy fits about the results of a democratic process? 

Oh,,, it was internet freakout.  Yeah... its like YouTube comments on there....