Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
49ers acquire Jimmy Garoppolo in trade with Patriots

We have our whopper trade of 2017.
The New England Patriots have traded quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo to the San Francisco 49ers for a 2018 second-round pick, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per a source involved.
ESPN first reported the news.

I'm really glad the Packers didn't trade for Garoppolo

Quote: @Hidalgo said:
I wish they would have, that would have been awesome. 

only a second rounder?  That is shockingly low IMO.  If a winless team makes a trade this late into the season for a QB i have to think that they are saying this is our guy,  I would also think that prior to making that trade they would have the frame work of an extension in place to ensure that they dont lose that pending free agent.  I am shocked that they got him for essentially a late first round pick.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
only a second rounder?  That is shockingly low IMO.  If a winless team makes a trade this late into the season for a QB i have to think that they are saying this is our guy,  I would also think that prior to making that trade they would have the frame work of an extension in place to ensure that they dont lose that pending free agent.  I am shocked that they got him for essentially a late first round pick.
I would think they could have gotten more this past off-season.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I would Tag him, let him play the first year under the tag and make sure he's the guy you want.  KC wishes they would have done that with MattyC.

Quote: @Bolstad79 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
I would think they could have gotten more this past off-season.
IIRC they wanted a first and couldnt get it. I suppose they are looking at the niners second as a late first as it will still likely be a top 5 pick in the round.

Quote: @Bolstad79 said:
@Hidalgo said:
I wish they would have, that would have been awesome. 
I would not want the Vikings to face Garoppolo twice a year for the next 15 years.

Patriots looking at that strong QB class next year...