Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TE Zach Miller in a fight to keep his leg
Goes to show that the Viking's medical staff really did save Teddy's leg:

Kevin Seifert‏Verified account @SeifertESPN  5m5 minutes ago
More
Kevin Seifert Retweeted Adam Schefter
Oh my. This was the initial fear @Vikings had with Teddy Bridgewater’s dislocated knee. Prompted ambulance. Best wishes to Zach.
Kevin Seifert added,
Adam SchefterVerified account @AdamSchefterVascular surgeons are trying to save Bears TE Zach Miller's leg, not just his career, per @mortreport.
0 replies1 retweet1 

Prayers to Zach Miller.  He's been around a long time and a good football professional.  Just hope everything works out well for him.

Yes, prayer to him. Hopefully everything turns out well.

Best wishes for his recovery. Sending positive and healing vibes. Thoughts and prayers to him.

Hopefully it works out well for him. Teddy didn't have nerve of vascular damage so the staff did the right thing but his leg wasn't threatened by the same damage.  It's also likely why he is about ready to return.  He dodged a bullet for sure and was fortunate that it was a non contact/low force injury. 

Zach will probably have a more difficult recovery if his vascular damage is significant. 

caveat-I'm always leary of reports in the first hours/days after an injury(or any happening) the media does their best to sensationalize facts.

I was watching that game when the injury happened.  I did not notice anything in live action -- except I thought the ball moved when it hit the ground so it should not count as a catch. Then they showed the replay and I saw the leg bend wrong.  It was disgusting. I could not watch that again.  They were not going to show it again because it was gruesome, except they realized that the officials were looking at the catch and whether he controlled the ball after it hit the ground. So they kept showing the replay. Ugh.

Yeah saw it during the broadcast...they showed it about four times..then said they "wouldn't show it"

Hope the docs are able to fix the damage, and he heals quickly.