Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Good Can The Front 7 Be Without Floyd
https://www.fanragsports.com/nfl/vikings...rif-floyd/

Pretty freaking good...ascending Hunter and Kendricks...Joseph a beast in  middle...Griffen and Brob being able to play outside, inside, or drop into coverage...a talented Jones playing for a contract under a talented position coach...Tom Johnson returning to health...Jaleel Johnson playing possibly both spots...Sutton, Stevens, Robinson, Lee...top 5...

If Edmond Robinson can be a player, he's very athletic, this front 7 could be a massive force. Deep on the line. Jaleel Johnson might be a steal.

Year 3 for Robinson coming from the D3 (IIRC) ranks...He's going to be interesting to watch...Lemur shouldn't be hard to unseat...Lee could surprise...

Probably the strength of the team in the DL...

Damn good. We've covered Floyd with several solid players (TJ, JJ, DJ), but J*sus how good would they be with a healthy Floyd? Never mind. 

I can't believe some of you are still talking about Sharrif Floyd as a "loss" - as if John Randle or Keith Millard was just plucked from our line. Oh no, how will we replace the total of 9.5 sacks Floyd produced in parts of 3 seasons?? Even before last year's injury, he couldn't play a full season and he didn't produce consistently. Just a lot of unrealized potential, and it's time to stop believing he ever really was the player Pete Prisco imagined (and which led Spielman to think he got a steal). 

I think it's more than just sacks. He was disruptive in the middle and pretty darn good vs the run. We definitely missed his play vs the run last year, that can't be under sold...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
I think it's more than just sacks. He was disruptive in the middle and pretty darn good vs the run. We definitely missed his play vs the run last year, that can't be under sold...
I agree,   while his flash stats arent all that impressive,  his contributions to the success of the defense should not be undersold.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Yep, Floyd was quick and super strong. Built low to the ground, might have been a top 10 UT if not for injuries in time. Good penetrater that was disruptive but lacked consistency. 

He had a great first step...there were times when he basically went into rampage mode...so young still...hopefully his nerve wakes up...