Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'll take it and run like hell with it too...
Any win in this league is tough to come by. 

6/2, set-up for success in back 1/2. Let's see what the hell they do with QB going forward. 

6-2 without the starting backfield...D has given up more than 20 points one time...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
6-2 without the starting backfield...D has given up more than 20 points one time...
All true...

Been a nice first 1/2  can pause and enjoy a bye week as a fan. September for show, December for dough. LEts see what November brings next, it's a doozy: 

@ Wash
Rams
@ Car
@ ATL
@ Det

Damn fine record regardless. This is a good team. But is it a great team? Not sure it can be with Keenum. I prefer Bradford, but would take Teddy time sometime soon. 

@ Wash-their OL is banged up and Cousins is typically good for a mind numbing play or three...winnable...first Teddy sighting?...Maybe if we have a bad half on O...

Rams- #1 scoring O vs our D...I have faith Zimmer will cook something up for Goff...winnable but our toughest test at home...

@ Car- Cam will hold the ball too long but they do present some serious matchup issues at the skill positions...winnable...

@ ATL...averaging two less scores a game than last year...winnable...

@ Det-short week, on the road, on a day even bad Lions team have won...don't like this one but I have a hard time believing we'll lose four straight to Detroit...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@ Wash-their OL is banged up and Cousins is typically good for a mind numbing play or three...winnable...first Teddy sighting?...Maybe if we have a bad half on O...

Rams- #1 scoring O vs our D...I have faith Zimmer will cook something up for Goff...winnable but our toughest test at home...

@ Car- Cam will hold the ball too long but they do present some serious matchup issues at the skill positions...winnable...

@ ATL...averaging two less scores a game than last year...winnable...

@ Det-short week, on the road, on a day even bad Lions team have won...don't like this one but I have a hard time believing we'll lose four straight to Detroit...
Ok, I'll play...

Wash - nope. Bad as they can be, I call this one a loss -- until Zimmer proves he can pull a Denny Green and make the bye his friend. Which to date I don't believe he has? 

LA - If there is a return for Teddy this year? I peg this game. Why? PURE MARKETING

Carolina, agree with your take

ATL - the time to play them was earlier in the year. I don't believe the SB hang-over lasts till 2nd 1/2 of season. 

Det - I have a hard time believing we'll lose 4 in a row too, until I remind myself we just went 0/3 against the F'ing Lions. 

I have the Vikes 8/5 after November. Just not sure where the 2 wins are yet. 

That was an interesting game. Once again, a team scouts our defense well, and comes out and beats us with its scripted plays early. That was somewhat alarming. Clearly, the Vikings defense plays much better with the lead when teams are forced into more 5 and 7 step drops. 

Hats off to Zimmer and staff for making the adjustments necessary to turn the game around. Thank you also to the Browns, who panicked early and got away from what was working: the quick throws and running the ball with Crowell. Made me think of Denny Green. One of the best personnel/talent coaches we've ever had, but he wasn't a very good field general. He was just so bad at game day decisions, making the adjustment necessary to turn a game around. Thankfully, Zim has this quality. 

For nearly 3 quarters, this looked very much like a "snakebit" team, to use a Burnsie-ism. Or as he would say it, "@#*%-ing snakebit." But good solid improvement by Case. Thielen once again turned in an exceptional performance. Murray was solid. Man, Jerrick McKinnon is one tough, strong runner. You think of him as a little guy, but he's got some serious power. Saw a post-game with him and he even talks like a little guy—a thousand words a minute—but I was floored by the size of his arms in that interview, so I looked up his combine numbers. I guess I'd forgotten what a freak he was. 4.41 forty, 40.5 vert, 32 reps. 

Game balls: Mike Zimmer, Danny Isadora. Making his first start, Isadora wasn't flawless, but he was damned solid. He impressed me with how easily he got to the 2nd level. 

6 and 2 and now things get a little tougher. 

Congrats to the team. A win is a win, and Lord knows Vikings lore is chock full of inexplicable losses that doomed/ended seasons. Nice job at handily winning a game that they SHOULD have won.

I am specifically posting today in an attempt to avoid being mocked by the Midwest Middle School gang for ONLY posting after a loss, but I have no doubt that the euphoria of 6-2 will prove too much for some juvenile minds, and the petty attacks will ensue. So It Goes.

Prior to the season, I had them at 5-3 at the bye, but finishing between 7-9 and 9-7 given what APPEARED to be a daunting schedule..... but that's no longer the case. Injuries and other teams not performing to pre-season expectations sets up a surprisingly, well, not EASY, but EASIER, schedule than previously anticipated. IMO, there are NO excuses remaining to not make a decent (2 wins) playoff run THIS year. NONE.

I sincerely hope this streak of good fortune continues, but the season is 16 games, not 5 or 8, and 3-4 consecutive Post season wins are required following the regular season in order to win a SB. The 1987 squad was the last Vikings team that has managed to win as many as 2 consecutive playoff games. That's a LOOOONG time ago.

As I have said since the 1998 NFCC game final, SHOW ME. I will believe it when I see it. Having been a fan encompassing 6 decades, I have definitely earned the right to root for the team, coupled with a healthy dose of skepticism. 

Again, great job by all. Kudos. Just don't start counting the chickens until they're hatched, hookay?

two biggest games to me, is the Rams and Lions games. I guess all big. But those two seem to stand out to me

Skins finished their game missing 4 of the OLinemen they started with...ouch...