Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NK now possesses ICBM capabilities...
Can now put the cross-hairs on Alaska.

Pre-empt? Might be a big mistake, putting 10's of thousands of SK's at risk. 

Hope for more China muscle? Unlikely. Their interest lies more with the NK regime intact then political chaos at their border (or a US aligned regime).

Bad, bad situation. I think about all Trump can do is send more angry tweets - not sure what any US president could do at this point. Time to act with more authority was 15 years ago. 

Good luck to our children's children with the world they're inheriting. 

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/07/04/...-icbm.html

How many unbalanced narcissists with bad hair does it take to screw an entire planet?

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
How many unbalanced narcissists with bad hair does it take to screw an entire planet?
Not sure if Napolean or Genghis Khan had bad hair...

Mussolini? Not really. Hitler? Absolutely. So it only took one in the 40's and his asz should have been killed in the 20's or 30's.

I'd say there's 2 or 3 for this generation. Hitlers war killed a shit ton of the planet, the next one could wipe entire continents out forever. 

Scary shit....

There's just something inherently wrong about the world's leaders being such idiots. I keep thinking back to the Cuban missile crisis. We were on the brink of global annihilation. I'm convinced that if we weren't led by smart, careful, sensible, prudent leaders, it's very possible that none of us would be here right now. 

The Cuban missile crisis is exactly what we should look at.  JFK was a conservative by standards then and now.  From an article:

Far from being a big-spending liberal, Kennedy was a conservative by the standards of both his time and today. While he increased military spending, overall he restrained federal outlays. His plan for economic growth emphasized not deficits but tax-rate cuts that he argued would eventually pay for themselves by increasing government revenue. He reduced tariffs in pursuit of free trade, and he took a hard line against communism abroad and at home...

It’s not only Kennedy’s speeches that define him as a conservative, but also his actions in office. Kennedy had run in 1960 to the right of Richard Nixon on Cuba; as Nixon recalled it in his memoir, after their first televised presidential debate, “Kennedy conveyed the image — to 60 million people — that he was tougher on Castro and communism than I was.” In the Cuban missile crisis, Kennedy ordered a blockade, disregarding the advice of more dovish advisers such as McGeorge Bundy, Adlai Stevenson and Robert Lovett.

The approach by Obama with foreign policy failed. Iran calls for the destruction of Israel and the USA repeatedly and yet they will be at the NK stage soon.   

The policy on NK since Clinton has failed.  We starved the country but allowed them to perfect ICBM and nuclear weapons.  

We need to stop them somehow.   Or millions will be killed.   Hopefully Trump can work with China to overthrow this lunatic and we can free the NK people.   And bring them back into the world. 

Idiots fits...Also seems like there is just going to be times when evil can become so disruptive it changes history. I'm afraid that might be the case with the nut job running NK and his father and grandfather before him. 

Trump inherited this mess and the real culprits are those that sat in the presidency before him. Probably back to the Bush's at least. 

Back to Clinton.  

On Oct. 18, 1994, Clinton approved a plan to arrange more than $4 billion in energy aid to North Korea over the course of a decade, in return for a commitment from the country’s Communist leadership to freeze and gradually dismantle its nuclear weapons development program, according to The New York Times.
The North Korean deal of 1994 is the prototype for why open societies should not negotiate arms control agreements with rogue regimes,” said Robert Kaufman, professor of public policy at Pepperdine University. “The North Koreans duped Jimmy Carter — an emissary of Clinton — and the Clinton administration to subsidize the North Korean nuclear program in exchange for the counterfeit promise that North Korea would limit itself to civilian nuclear power.
Kaufman said the agreement tranquilized the West while the North Koreans proceeded to cross the nuclear threshold, which they announced in 2002 after pocketing billions from the West.

Oh good Christ. 

Quote: @A1Janitor said:
The Cuban missile crisis is exactly what we should look at.  JFK was a conservative by standards then and now.  From an article:

Far from being a big-spending liberal, Kennedy was a conservative by the standards of both his time and today. While he increased military spending, overall he restrained federal outlays. His plan for economic growth emphasized not deficits but tax-rate cuts that he argued would eventually pay for themselves by increasing government revenue. He reduced tariffs in pursuit of free trade, and he took a hard line against communism abroad and at home...

It’s not only Kennedy’s speeches that define him as a conservative, but also his actions in office. Kennedy had run in 1960 to the right of Richard Nixon on Cuba; as Nixon recalled it in his memoir, after their first televised presidential debate, “Kennedy conveyed the image — to 60 million people — that he was tougher on Castro and communism than I was.” In the Cuban missile crisis, Kennedy ordered a blockade, disregarding the advice of more dovish advisers such as McGeorge Bundy, Adlai Stevenson and Robert Lovett.

The approach by Obama with foreign policy failed. Iran calls for the destruction of Israel and the USA repeatedly and yet they will be at the NK stage soon.   

The policy on NK since Clinton has failed.  We starved the country but allowed them to perfect ICBM and nuclear weapons.  

We need to stop them somehow.   Or millions will be killed.   Hopefully Trump can work with China to overthrow this lunatic and we can free the NK people.   And bring them back into the world. 
Outside of some egg on their face, I don't think China is motivated to help. They'd rather have a nut job running NK than an American presence on their doorstep, or chaos in NK if KJU is toppled and anarchy rules the streets. They'd have a refugee crisis on their hands that rivals Syria. 

I do share your concern for a lot of people getting killed. Innocent civilians. As I posted earlier, there are unfortunately times when evil rears it's head in a way that writes history. Feels like this is going to be one of them.

It's the end of the world as we know it...

but I feel fine