Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would They Make Him A Captain

Hes not going anywhere, the  skins will tag him once again.  Not sure why the media insists on writing this shit when this season isn't even half over yet.  If the skins were going to move on from him IMO they would have some young guy already in house learning behind cousins but I don't recall them taking anybody promising,  and I don't consider colt McCoy promising anymore.

We'll see him close-up soon enough. Game @ Washington is not going to be easy. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
Hes not going anywhere, the  skins will tag him once again.  Not sure why the media insists on writing this shit when this season isn't even half over yet.  If the skins were going to move on from him IMO they would have some young guy already in house learning behind cousins but I don't recall them taking anybody promising,  and I don't consider colt McCoy promising anymore.

For $35 million?
I know Doug Williams wants to retain him, but if they tag Cousins again, heads should roll...

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:

That would get very costly tagging someone, especially a QB, threw years in a row..

I like Cousins, he puts up some nice FF numbers...but he's usually good for one or two truly bonehead moves that end up costing you the game...taking a sack to knock you out of FG range...spiking the ball on 4th down...I think I'd take a shot at Brees or possibly Jimmy G...we just cannot waste this D on subpar or back up level QB play...

I like Jimmy G a lot and think he would have been a Viking if Brady wasn't suspended last year. Brees is getting up there and that would be a risk, but I do agree that we cant waste this defense and we need to win when we have this stellar window.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@JimmyinSD said:

For $35 million?
I know Doug Williams wants to retain him, but if they tag Cousins again, heads should roll...

I didnt think it was that high,  I thought I heard 30.? on NFLN last week when this story first started.  Oh well,  I dont think Cousins is worth the money that he will likely get.  I dont want to waste this defense,  but I dont want to watch us lose all our own future free agents because we way overspend for a FA QB.

The Skins are hard to figure out this year.  They got swept by the Eagles (which is no disgrace) and got beat by the Chefs;  beat the Rams and Raiders but struggled to beat the FortyWhiners.  Their upcoming game against the Girlz should be interesting...

for that money?  I would bite the bullet if Teddy or Sam doesn’t take us to the promised land.  I would get Brees on a 2 year deal, sign a solid vet LG, draft a DT, QB 1 and 2.

How would you feel right now if we had Brees and Cook to go with the WR’s and Defense?  Super Bowl favorites?